Water marbling with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
I would like to give this a try with Gelish but am wondering does it make the application really thick?
Also has anyone got a pic of how to dot the polish on if that makes sense xx

thes ones i posted on here r gelish u can literally put the dots anywhere!

My first try with Gelish

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326052705.113078.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326052705.113078.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 559
Love the purple one!

there lovely! x

Love this! What colours did you use? X

I used hotski to tchotchke,asphalt, cream puff & rock royalty over moonlight & roses. Also added a few gems. Love it. So pretty.

I've had a go with shellac-going to do them on my daughter tomorrow! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326061932.634205.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326061932.634205.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 511
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326061945.410631.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326061945.410631.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 471
Hi all
I would like to give this a try with Gelish but am wondering does it make the application really thick?
Also has anyone got a pic of how to dot the polish on if that makes sense xx

I personally make sure my dots are symmetrical...

Leave good gaps between the dots....

But it depends on size of nail, i leave 3mm (ish) between dots and do my middle line first thing two lines of dots down each side then small dots in between, then maybe my third colour i use for some odd dots and i overlap those on other dots too. Will draw u a pic

Those are beautiful Wendy! Xox

Ah thanks! Thanks so much for giving us so much info and help! I'll post a pic of my daughters tomorrow...if its ok! Xx

Ah thanks! Thanks so much for giving us so much info and help! I'll post a pic of my daughters tomorrow...if its ok! Xx

Cant wait to see its always nice to see what other people are up to and experimenting with! Im sure your daughters nails will be gorge cant wait to see a photo xxx

Oh wow all these designs are gorgeous.
Does anyone have a tutorial video?
Pretty please.......

Cant wait to see its always nice to see what other people are up to and experimenting with! Im sure your daughters nails will be gorge cant wait to see a photo xxx

Ok...here they are! She wanted white holographic glitter on the others and marbling on her ring finger...she is delighted and it's getting lots of positive reactions on Facebook! Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326144336.547661.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326144336.547661.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 493
Ok...here they are! She wanted white holographic glitter on the others and marbling on her ring finger...she is delighted and it's getting lots of positive reactions on Facebook! Xxx

Gorge !! What colours did u use and what glitter??? Very nice hun! Well done :) xxxx

Gorge !! What colours did u use and what glitter??? Very nice hun! Well done :) xxxx

Thank you! S2 white holographic glitter over studio white. The ring finger is studio white with hotski tchotchke, asphalt and tutti frutti. The glitter is amazing. If you put it over Blackpool it makes a fantastic rich green! Xxxx

Thank you! S2 white holographic glitter over studio white. The ring finger is studio white with hotski tchotchke, asphalt and tutti frutti. The glitter is amazing. If you put it over Blackpool it makes a fantastic rich green! Xxxx

Ooooh is it irrestistible glitters ? I have loads from s2 but no white only colours and silver/gold! Was going to get white and black so now know i MUST get them!!!

They are fab xx well done xx

Yes it is. Im going to have a play with it over different colours so I'll let you know the outcome! Xxxx

Last edited:
How do you do this? I know you use a marbling tool but do you just do dots with the colours? Thanks everyone x

How do you do this? I know you use a marbling tool but do you just do dots with the colours? Thanks everyone x

I followed the advice on this thread and it was quite easy! Just dot your colours onto the 2nd colour coat before you cure it and then swirl them together with the dotting tool. Really effective isn't it! X

Latest posts

Back