Wax Pot Advice - Baybliss Double Heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Geeks,

I have just waxed my mums legs, underarms and eyebrows which i am very pleased with the result and so was she.

I have the baybliss double heater and i am a bit unsure if i should pour the wax into the wax machine or should i just put the pots straight in. I put the pots in the wax pot and it took ages to heat up. I will be doing this mobile and i dont want to be sat around waiting for the pots to heat up. So i thoughy maybe if i just pour half the pot direct into the wax pot it wont take as long to heat up as there wont be as much wax? I used hot wax on her underarms put the little beads in the bottom and they heated up in no time. Alternatively can these be heated up in the microwave and then put into the wax machine directly.

Hope you got my drift because i think i am rambling on a bit :)

Thanks for your help as always.

Hi, I use the babyliss double wax heater too! I put my wax pot into the well (or bar directly for hot wax) and put it on no 10 for half an hour. Then I turn it down to about 1.5/2.0 for half an hour and it's ready! (Obviusly check temp first!) I guess this may vary for different waxes though! I use hive tea tree creme wax.

HTH, Lainy. xxx

Be careful when you heat your wax in the micro that you don't overheat as it can mess around with the wax and it may not be so easy to use once it's cooled down.

If you're mobile, how about you buy several plastic containers for different waxes (if you use more than one) with secure lids and heat the wax in the micro at the clients and then pour a small amount into the heating wax pot. Then, the remainder stays to cool and set in the plastic container for carriage.

Well done on your mums waxing. WAX ON !!! xxx

Thanks wax queen thats a good idea. What would you do if you didnt use all the wax? Would you poor it back into the container for use next time?

Its all new to me is this because at college we have the pots ready when we go into class so we are not really tought about the different waxes and how to set them up and put them all away.

I wouldn't pour it all in in the first place. Ok, here's what I mean:-

You have an empty wax heater (or maybe a small amount in the pot).
You keep a plastic container (with a lid) half filled with wax so that it's easily transported.
You get to the clients and turn your wax heater on whilst you pop the plastic container into the micro to heat the wax..............not too hot.
Carefully pour some wax into the heater............about the amount you think you'll need and no more.
When you've finished, you put the lid on the plastic container so it's safe in the car.

Get it now? Sorry, it's not always easy to visualise is it. xxx

I use the same heater. I find it only takes 15-20 mins to heat my wax which i use baybliss satin smooth wax, i leave the wax in there pots and place them it the metal pot, i find this wax really good to use and my clients prefer this to hive which i have tried on them prevously.

Latest posts

Back