Wax pot covered in wax and sealed shut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

I stored my wax pot whilst having my children but when I came to check it the wax has leaked all over the pot and it's sealed shut.

Am I looking at a new one? I know u can get cleaners but there's a lot of wax on it

Also which is your favourite wax for the face? And wax pot if I need a new one
Cheers

The same thing happened to me - though the lid wasn't completely sealed shut. Put it upside down in hot water or leave in the sun shine. Be careful of the wire and plug though if you put it in water. I managed to get the lid off then melted the wax back into it and scraped it off the lid. I then used the wax cleaner to get the last bits off!

Good luck!!

The same thing happened to me - though the lid wasn't completely sealed shut. Put it upside down in hot water or leave in the sun shine. Be careful of the wire and plug though if you put it in water. I managed to get the lid off then melted the wax back into it and scraped it off the lid. I then used the wax cleaner to get the last bits off!

Good luck!!

Thanks huni

Did the boiling water melt it enough to scrape off

What a nightmare :-(

Best thing to do it plug it in over some newspaper, on a floor that will wipe clean, or better outside, and the lid should be able to move better.
If you want to start again with wax i would turn the heat up high and sit it on its side.
Then when the wax has all melted out, get some wax cleaner, and some elbow grease and get stuck in!

Yep, after soaking the wax was an easier consistency and I scrapped it off with a spatula :) then to remove the last bits off the lid I used the cleaner x

Just turn it on but up high and that will be enough to loosen the lid. I had the same problem and had no idea what to do!

Thank you :)

Will have a go tomorrow

Which wax do you like to use for eyebrows etc
Cheers
Nenee

Get some Berodin "Wax Off" from ZoZo (on here), it is fabulous stuff for removing stubborn wax really quickly and easily.

Sounds a real nightmare...
I use the salons direct wax equipment cleaner for general wax clean ups and its really good and I use the Perron Rigot solvent which I keep in a spray bottle and just spray it on the wax , leave for a few minutes and it cleand away really easily..

Jack

All you need is a hairdryer……..it's my secret weapon:)

I would spray the heater with solvent or WD40 and scrunch up a piece of couch roll or kitchen paper and turn the hairdryer on high heat and it will all melt in front of your eyes.

this has happend to me! ahh so annoying lol just heat it up with lid on to melt the wax a little, then you can get it off! Brings me back to 3 years ago, total disaster my best friend's mum knocked my pot on the floor wax all over her wooden floor! she was total apologetic, i was more worried about her floor. We got it all off eventually though. Another time I dropped the plug in my wax pot! Im soo clumsy lol xxxx

Thank you all so much

You are life savours :)
X

I'm glad you found a solution. Simple and easy thing for cleanup after you have reheated the wax is to wipe it off with vegetable or olive oil.

i would clean all the outside of the pot first with cleaner, then turn it on all the way up so the wax that is sticking it shut melts then clean round the lid and the top. Iv done it before when someone had left a thick amount of wax all down the sides, takes a lot of elbow geese but i got it clean !

I would spray the heater with solvent or WD40 and scrunch up a piece of couch roll or kitchen paper and turn the hairdryer on high heat and it will all melt in front of your eyes.

genius! solved my problem, hair dryer coming work tomorrow

How difficult is it to do mobile waxing?

I want to offer eyebrow waxing with tinting and eyelash extensions until i can book a date with the wonderful kim(wax queen) to do the full range

How long will it take to set up heat wax up and what's the negatives to mobile waxing or is it achievable?
;-)

hi i wax mobile and it is easy enough as long as you are careful with ur pot i always put it in a big reusable shopper for the car so that way if an accident happens its not all over my car :eek:
Also never have ur pot full to the brim i keep it around 3/4 full less chance of a spill and i put it on the floor in the front of the car in the bag not in the boot then i know its not moving around
hope these tips help you

Thank you Kim the hairdryer worked a treat.
Half the pot had spilled all over the plug, cable plus in and out the heater. I used a large cardboard box and the wax dripped on to it as it was heated by the hairdryer. While each area i targeted was softened, i then wiped it clean with kitchen roll. I used a little olive or cooking oil to wipe the residue wax and stickiness and it looks as good as new. Once the plug and outsides were clean, i plugged it in to melt the wax on the inside to clean. Took me 45 mins but it was a mess. Great.

Latest posts

Back