Wax pot lids on or off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkish_delight

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Very silly question after 13 years in the industry but I have never used lids on my warm, strip wax pots and wondered who does? Must add I have mine on timers and they come on a good hour before we start the day so I think I've always been worried about something happening to pot with lid on while I'm not here and coming into a great mess or worse. Would like to start using them if they are safe as I think it keeps the wax nice and thin and obviously protects wax from things falling in (not that I have ever had an issue with this). Also I struggle with staff "forgetting" to clean pots before they leave so I'm thinking lids might make them remember as they have to physically do something to the pot before they leave for the day so can wipe over at the same time. Advice appreciated
Just to add I use normal 1000cc generic wax pots for strip wax.
Thanks

I have always kept my lids on my pots unless they are being used and have never had a problem x

I always keep the lid on mine too, I don't like the idea of dust getting into the wax

Same here I always keep the lid nowadays
Once I had a pot of wax, half full, and because it's lid was transparent I couldn't see where I had left it so when I was done I put it away without it. I don't remember exactly why, I think a friend had asked me to go my wax to her, but in any case I moved my lot. Machine with wax pot (I figured it might stay put this way), roller wax, strip roll, oils etc. mind you the wax was cold. Didn't matter. It turned just ever slightly and spilled onto everything! Had to throw everything away except my pot machine which luckily stayed clean. And my roller machine which I had to bath in steaming water and cleaning petrol to clean it again.
Of course I had to move it but always always keep the lids on.

Always keep lids on my pots. Keeps dust out. Regardless of how clean clinic is. What about doing a room inspection in the morning and bringing up messy waxpots with whoever was in room last. Xx

Latest posts

Back