Wax Rash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranbaby

Reaction score
Ok, I have never had this happen! Recently I had my upper leg waxed with Perron Rigot stripless wax(dont know exactly which one, cause someone else did it). Instead of going back to her I decided to do it myself this time. I did a test strip with the Euroblonde(Blue in my case) on my lower leg. Turned out fine. I was almost out of my stripless wax so decided to use the Ease(cream wax with strips). I broke out in the worst rash ever. I've had razor burn before, but THIS happened immediately. I couldn't do anything with my legs for about a week. It hurt to even put water in them in the shower! Like I said before, I have NEVER had this happen to anyone or myself. I'm just glad it happened on me and not one of my clients! Any ideas? Could this be my own little allergic reaction? If this is somewhat common in some women, what do I suggest to them for aftercare. It was so painful! I love Perron Rigot wax and will continue using it, as this I think is just the way my skin reacted to it.
HHHMMMM?????

Silly question but you sure that it wasn't too hot? Compare the ingredients in The Ease to the Euroblonde to see if there is something that maybe you are allergic to. xxx

There is no such thing as a silly question. I'm pretty sure it wasn't too hot. I went through my normal routine and checklist preparing the wax, the skin, and everything else. I will be looking at the ingredients though. Now that I think about it, I don't think its an allergic reaction due to ingredients because I use this one all the time on my face. Hmm? I'm actually going to try it again along with the Euroblonde just to see if it happens again. This completely has me puzzled and frustrated. I HAVE to know, lol. Thanks so much Kim!

Allergies do tend to be acumulative so the first time with a new product you may not react but subsequently you may.
Just patch test products on yourself in future and the less ingredients the better i find sugar wax the least reactive on very sensitive people.

Latest posts

Back