Wax temperature

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahMS

Reaction score
hi

This may se basic but I'm new to waxing and want to make sure I get things right. I'm going to invest in a hive digital heater so I'm confident in regulating the temperature of the wax. However, to get it to heat do I turn the temp to max and then turn down to the desired temp? If so, how will I know when the wax has cooled enough?

Many thanks

What kind of wax? The temperature and viscosity are different for both. If im in a hurry i turn them to high for like 10 mins then to their refular temperature otherwise i turn them on at the start of the day and theyre ready at the right temp at any point.

Hey Sarah, I normally pop my temperature to 80 on my hive digital heater for 15 mins and then down to 57 I use Adam and Eve Angelic hot wax for another 15 mins and it's normally the perfect consistency for me to work with. Hope that helps a little x

What kind of wax? The temperature and viscosity are different for both. If im in a hurry i turn them to high for like 10 mins then to their refular temperature otherwise i turn them on at the start of the day and theyre ready at the right temp at any point.
I meant for both hot wax and strip wax. I was just worried about setting them high to heat the wax and then it still being too hot once it has been turned down

It cools down pretty quickly. The hard wax should be a thick slow drip. If its running off the stick quickly in thin sheets its crazy hot. Test it on your inner wrist. I burn myself with my bikini wax at home refularly bc i donw let it cool properly after it was melted at high temp lol also if you use bead refills on the hard wax if its still just too hot yiu could toss a small pinch of beads in to melt and help cool the whole pot. For the soft wax just spin the stick with the wax in your hand for a few seconds. It cools quick

It cools down pretty quickly. The hard wax should be a thick slow drip. If its running off the stick quickly in thin sheets its crazy hot. Test it on your inner wrist. I burn myself with my bikini wax at home refularly bc i donw let it cool properly after it was melted at high temp lol also if you use bead refills on the hard wax if its still just too hot yiu could toss a small pinch of beads in to melt and help cool the whole pot. For the soft wax just spin the stick with the wax in your hand for a few seconds. It cools quick
Thank you. This is a big help x

Latest posts

Back