Waxing Brazilian Bruising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salonone

Reaction score
OMG - I can't believe the mess I did today. Never ever ever happened to me before. She bruised. I used my normal waxes and routine. Bruises! I was horrified and appologized - she said it was the best waxing she ever had! She said it is so smooth usually there are bumps and it feels rough. Anyhow. I was very upset about the bruising I don't know why it happened. She filled out the consultation card and there were no contraindicators listed unless she didn't tell me every thing. Oh and she bled. Like sometimes there are blood spots - she actually bled I had to stop waxing and clean it off? I think she must of been on some kind of medication that she didn't disclose to me. It really bothers me as I never ever had a reaction like this before. Any ideas?

She could have definatly been on some medication however i think it was probably more her skin with the wax!!! Maybe she was rushing to you ie hot, bothered, sticky etc and took badly to it. Was it warm wax u used or hot?? I find hot wax a LOT milder on skin. Never once even had blood spotting using this!! Did she say whether she goes like that all the time??!! Or if it was a first for her?? Xx

Yes i'd definitely agree that she has something going on she didnt tell you about. Did she look tanned? that could be it too.

And sooo many girls think "oh that medication isnt important" or "i'm too embarassed to write down that medication" when it could be SUPER important. As long as you kept your cool and told her about the bruising i'm sure it'll be okay. also, i hope you had her fill out a consult card and release form!

just so you feel better- during my first brazilian wax, she burnt my labia so bad that it crusted up and FELL OFF. ahahaha i can laugh about it now. but i had to lay on my bed with a fan on my lady bits for two hours. i had to shove ice in my panties for days. the hair still doesnt grow in that area and i have some scars. i took pictures the day after incase i got some sort of horrid infection.

so in closing, dont feel bad hun! if you did everything like normal then it was definitely her! hugs!

just so you feel better- during my first brazilian wax, she burnt my labia so bad that it crusted up and FELL OFF. ahahaha i can laugh about it now. but i had to lay on my bed with a fan on my lady bits for two hours. i had to shove ice in my panties for days. the hair still doesnt grow in that area and i have some scars. i took pictures the day after incase i got some sort of horrid infection.
:eek:

OMG - I can't believe the mess I did today. Never ever ever happened to me before. She bruised. I used my normal waxes and routine. Bruises! I was horrified and appologized - she said it was the best waxing she ever had! She said it is so smooth usually there are bumps and it feels rough. Anyhow. I was very upset about the bruising I don't know why it happened. She filled out the consultation card and there were no contraindicators listed unless she didn't tell me every thing. Oh and she bled. Like sometimes there are blood spots - she actually bled I had to stop waxing and clean it off? I think she must of been on some kind of medication that she didn't disclose to me. It really bothers me as I never ever had a reaction like this before. Any ideas?
It sounds like something was going on - maybe something like warfarin or another type of blood thinner - that makes you bruise and bleed easily.

If she is on a blood thinner maybe she was worried about telling you in case you told her you wouldn't do it.

eskimonailtech you made me cross my legs and wince!!

HAHA this just made me laugh so much. yes, it was that horrifying at the time too. and i have a few tattoos and piercings. the burns hurt more.

thankfully all is well in that area now except for some small red scars and patchy hair growth.

glad i could share with you girls :p

She could have definatly been on some medication however i think it was probably more her skin with the wax!!! Maybe she was rushing to you ie hot, bothered, sticky etc and took badly to it. Was it warm wax u used or hot?? I find hot wax a LOT milder on skin. Never once even had blood spotting using this!! Did she say whether she goes like that all the time??!! Or if it was a first for her?? Xx

I never rush - ever. That is when accidents may happen. As for types of wax - I use both types on her. It wasn't her first time...though she told me that the other place does sugaring not waxing. Oh and she isn't a Spring Chicken if you know what I mean. I had to ask her to help be a few times to hold the skin taunt. The labia area was fine it was the other areas around it, the tops of the inner thighs (not the tendon) and her cheeks. Weird.

Last edited:
It sounds like something was going on - maybe something like warfarin or another type of blood thinner - that makes you bruise and bleed easily.

If she is on a blood thinner maybe she was worried about telling you in case you told her you wouldn't do it.

I wondered about that myself. She said that it happens and not to worry about it? But I did and do, kept thinking about it all night. Going over everything that I did. I'll call her tomorrow and follow-up. Bizzare that is all I can say. Like I've been doing this for years and never seen anything like it. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Cheers.:hug:

I never rush - ever. That is when accidents may happen. As for types of wax - I use both types on her. It wasn't her first time...though she told me that the other place does sugaring not waxing. Oh and she isn't a Spring Chicken if you know what I mean. I had to ask her to help be a few times to hold the skin taunt. The labia area was fine it was the other areas around it, the tops of the inner thighs (not the tendon) and her cheeks. Weird.

I didnt say u rushed hunni!!! Im confident as a professional you wouldnt do that. I said "maybe SHE rushed into you and was hot and bothered abd sweaty etc making the skin much more sensitive!!! Xxx

So had to update this thread. I had her BFF yesterday for a Shellac and she told me that her friend said it was the best wax she ever had :?: It was totally painless :?::?: And she would definately recommend me. :suprised: :suprised::suprised: REALLY! I guess one never knows.

So had to update this thread. I had her BFF yesterday for a Shellac and she told me that her friend said it was the best wax she ever had :?: It was totally painless :?::?: And she would definately recommend me. :suprised: :suprised::suprised: REALLY! I guess one never knows.

Well that's great, I can't imagine that if she bruised like that with you what she maybe would look like after a less experienced waxer! It must be something going on in her system that caused her to bruise and nothing to do with you. At least you are now assured that you have gained a client and not lost one.x

Latest posts

Back