Waxing/hair changing, more ingrowns/red bumps bikini only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandA

Reaction score
Hi.

Looking for some desperate advice for my personal waxing/hair problems ..
My hair has caused me to be very self conscious, sometimes even ruin my summer with my son.

My bikini line is suddenly getting more ingrowns and red bumps. Everywhere else on my body is fine. With my underarms, I usually don't have any redness or ingrowns at all, even immediately after waxing.
My bikini line used to be like this.

Now every time I wax my bikini line I am getting more and more ingrowns. Also im getting red bumps immediately after and some that last for weeks, that aren't ingrowns. My hair is very course and I have a lot of it .
Although I can happily say, from waxing, I am seeing less hair, but only a little finer, it is still pretty course.
My hair on my underarms is the same as my bikini line. I cant where a bathing suit after wax and well I can't before because I'm hairy. It's getting frustrating. But I cant go back to shaving because my hair grows way to fast and I always look like I need to shave.

I usually use satin smooth gold hard wax, I've used sharonelle Azulene hard wax ( Canadian). I use Gigi cleanser and oil before. Witch hazel and Azulene or aloe Vera gel after. Start exfoliating after 24 hours and I exfoliate 2-3 times a week, with a loofa(?).

Is my hair changing? I feel like I'm going to have scars cause these marks stay around forever. Anyone know what I should do? Any help. I am very self conscious with my hair. With summer coming close, I don't want this to be a problem anymore. Now I have red bumps all over which may even be worse

Tia

Are u waxing yourself? If so get someone else to do it, you could be breaking the hairs (not necessarily your method but more the angle). Tend skin and skin doctors ingrow go are fantastic products for ingrown hairs. Best results Iv seen from any topical lotions. Dry brushing the area also really helps, most people think this is a bit harsh for bikini but honestly it's absolutely fine. Start once to twice a week at first then up to daily and only on bikini line and across the top, not underneath. Ingrown hairs are unfortunately just something people are either prone to or not but all these things can really help. Iv seen some terrible cases that have cleared with some of this advice. Also another fantastic wax and my fav is perron rigot euroblonde, a little bit of oil is used underneath so helps to glide hairs out easier and also protect the skin. X

Skin health plays a big part in ingrown hairs. Skin should be free of dead skin and free of friction as much as possible (i.e. Tight knickers, same style knickers everyday that sit in the same places on the body, tight clothing etc.) moisturised and healthy

Latest posts

Back