Waxing or spray tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angefran

Reaction score
Ive done a course in spray tanning, but my tent is too big for the lodge, so I've looked at curtains, i have an extractor, but from what be read i will still have overspray in the room. I've had lots of people ask if I'm going to do waxing, I currently do nails. Is waxing a good earner? Does it cost a lot to start up? I would have to buy a bed chair, as I don't have the room for a bed if that makes sense?

In my old little home salon, I used to have a curtain go across the room. On one side was my nail table and where clients would wait. On the otherside was my beauty bed. In the corner was my tanning, at first we painted it with a gloss white colour so it could be washed down at then end of the day. But when it got tanning season it would stain. So we fixed plastic (like what you would put on your dining table for kids) to the walls and that was perfect. When I was tanning I would put the foot of the beauty bed down so that would give me more room. and a towel on the floor.

In my old little home salon, I used to have a curtain go across the room. On one side was my nail table and where clients would wait. On the otherside was my beauty bed. In the corner was my tanning, at first we painted it with a gloss white colour so it could be washed down at then end of the day. But when it got tanning season it would stain. So we fixed plastic (like what you would put on your dining table for kids) to the walls and that was perfect. When I was tanning I would put the foot of the beauty bed down so that would give me more room. and a towel on the floor.
im struggling ith this to do you have a picture hun ? cx

Ive done a course in spray tanning, but my tent is too big for the lodge, so I've looked at curtains, i have an extractor, but from what be read i will still have overspray in the room. I've had lots of people ask if I'm going to do waxing, I currently do nails. Is waxing a good earner? Does it cost a lot to start up? I would have to buy a bed chair, as I don't have the room for a bed if that makes sense?
Hey

There both good earners. I would put waxing first because clients need to keep coming back and it really doesnt cost much to start up. You can get wax kits online for around £50-£100. I started by using Salon systems wax it was good. I wouldnt go super cheap but just find a middle range brand and go from there. If you have never done waxing before you should start off friends and family and just charge enough to pay off your initial wax kit investment. Practice until you get your timings and procedure down. Dont treat the general public until you are confident and can do a full leg in maximum 45mins i was able to do it in 30mins and was a busy bee. So get trained and practice.

When your ready to treat your business to a wax upgrade look into Out back organics. Your prices may need to increase when you introduce this wax. Bare that in mind when your sorting your initail price list out.

So with that in mind all the best!

Latest posts

Back