Waxing problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squiggles

Reaction score
Hi girls
I'm very new to this site but am very worried about something that keeps happening at work.
I've been confidently waxing for about 9 years now and am trained in lycon waxing since last year.recently I've done a few eyebrow waxes and have took a small layer of skin on a few clients recently.I know I'm good at my job but I'm feeling so anxious about this.I use lycon honey wax and I'm always careful the wax is not too hot.does this happen to anyone else,,..I'm sick with worry over it.is don't know what I'm doing wrong??

Hi girls
I'm very new to this site but am very worried about something that keeps happening at work.
I've been confidently waxing for about 9 years now and am trained in lycon waxing since last year.recently I've done a few eyebrow waxes and have took a small layer of skin on a few clients recently.I know I'm good at my job but I'm feeling so anxious about this.I use lycon honey wax and I'm always careful the wax is not too hot.does this happen to anyone else,,..I'm sick with worry over it.is don't know what I'm doing wrong??
To alleviate your anxiousness, wax the brow in two halves - tail to middle and middle to front xx

To alleviate your anxiousness, wax the brow in two halves - tail to middle and middle to front xx
Always wax that way.I wonder if it's the honey wax?or maybe it could happen from the wax being a bit too cool

Always wax that way.I wonder if it's the honey wax?or maybe it could happen from the wax being a bit too cool
Feeling really streseed about this.if anyone can help would really appreciate it

Do you put down a thin layer of oil or talc first? That usually helps.

There could be lots of reasons for removing skin so start there and if it doesn't improve, try something else.

The skin could be dry. You might not have stretched enough. Stretch when applying and removing. The wax could be too cold or too hot. Do you test it first? The client could have thin skin naturally or be on medication.

Are they regular or new clients? X

Do you put down a thin layer of oil or talc first? That usually helps.

There could be lots of reasons for removing skin so start there and if it doesn't improve, try something else.

The skin could be dry. You might not have stretched enough. Stretch when applying and removing. The wax could be too cold or too hot. Do you test it first? The client could have thin skin naturally or be on medication.

Are they regular or new clients? X
I was using strip wax and stretching the skin as well. .now I'm so anxious about it that I'm using hot wax on the eyebrow area.but I feel I don't get the same finish.every person that it's happened to has been a new client.so I wasn't familiar with their skin type..

I was using strip wax and stretching the skin as well. .now I'm so anxious about it that I'm using hot wax on the eyebrow area.but I feel I don't get the same finish.every person that it's happened to has been a new client.so I wasn't familiar with their skin type..
I know sometimes it's the skin and not the technique bexcuse I waxed my own brows and had no problem at all??

I've noticed that this happens more in the winter than any other time of year particularly when it's very cold. Anyone else notice this?

That's happened to me a few times, and for me its either that the client is sensitive to waxing, if they're using any products to thin their skin or that the wax is too cool x

Lycon were having some issues in regards to wax recently. There was a shortage of beeswax in Australia so they replaced it with something else and it was causing the wax to crack so that could be another effect of that. Have you had any other experiences while using the wax in the last 2 or so months?

Latest posts

Back