Waxing Question Perron Rigot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Tottie

Reaction score
I hope you geeks are well. I got the products from Perron Rigot!! Really happy!! Thank you Queenie (you know who you are!:)). Except one thing! I have a Babyliss Wax heater and I am unable to put Cirepil Cristal Ocean Tin in the heater because it wont fit!! Aaarghh!! :eek:

Does it mean i have to buy HIVE waxing system? 1000cc? How do you heat it up? Do you put it in and heat it and then pour it in or?? Obviously i cant put it in the microwave, it may go wrong and beside the tin is metal so it could so some serious damage to my microwave lol!!:eek:

Also i will be using Cirepil Euroblonde (non strip) wax, does this mean i will have to buy two HIVE heaters?:eek: I have lots of mobile bookings for waxing especially hollywood :lol: and leg wax.

Does this make sense?

Please help!! xxx

Hi Tottie,

It may be possible to balance your Cristal Ocean tin over the Babyliss Heater with the heat on, so that the wax runs from the tin into the heater as it warms, but you absolutely need to keep an eye on it to avoid a sticky mess!! The Cristal Ocean melts at a very low temperature so you won't need to wait too long for it to become fluid enough to pour, but you are 100% right about not putting the metal tin in the microwave. I know Kim has helped others with this "balance, heat and pour" technique in the past, so I'm sure she'll be able to advise, and I'm sure other Geeks will be be able to describe it better than I have too!

Another technique would be to heat the tin in a saucepan of water, but make sure you remove the tin with oven gloves or a tea towel to avoid burning your hands.

The Euroblonde pellets can be decanted directly into one of the Babyliss heater's removable buckets, start with the heat just below the halfway point and adjust it as needed while you work. The pellets will melt at the edges first - you can stir the wax to distribute the heat evenly or just take from the sides that are melted. You will find you need to keep the temperature dial set lower on the smaller Babyliss heaters compared to the larger Hive ones as they have a smaller capacity, and don't let your wax get too low as it will get hotter the lower it gets.

HTHs :)

Andy x

Last edited:
I have the Babyliss heater and the Hive 1000cc and tbh although you will manage with the Babyliss heater in the short term, you probably will want to invest in 2x Hive 1000cc in due course.

I find the capacity of the Babyliss too small, but tbh although I hate to say this, it will probably be worse on a mobile basis as you can't have it plugged in all day. When it's plugged in all day you can keep topping it up, and keep it melted.

Larger capacity definitely has advantages, not least as Andy has mentioned, the easier regulation of temperature :)

Thank you!

I bought two hive heaters from excel! whoo hoo!! You're so right, they retain heat for much longer!

Thank you mwah mwah mwah!!xx

Latest posts

Back