Waxing re-growth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelizabeth

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I've recently started to get my arms waxed by another professional, but I've noticed that the hairs grow back super quickly. I last got them waxed on Wednesday and it's now only Thursday and I can see and feel the hairs coming through. It works out that I get only a week tops of total smoothness...and this isn't what I would have expected from waxing. It also happens with my legs, so I don't get them waxed anymore because I don't see the point...they start growing back within a week so I thought may as well just shave them.
Could it be that my waxer is snapping the hairs? Although I do watch to see what she's doing and she seems to be doing it perfectly and my arms are totally smooth for a couple/few days after. Or is it that my hairs grow back fast or it's just normal? I'd say I leave on average 4 weeks between wax sessions. Any advice on how to make waxing results last longer? I'd like to know as it would be useful for my own clients also....thanks!

It's comforting to know that I am not alone. Whether I went to my therapist or waxed my legs myself my hairs would be sprouting by a week!! I decided it is just a waste of money and I just immac now which lasts longer funny enough. We all have different growth rate and tbh I am quite a hairy person lol.

You could try exfoliating every few days after having your waxing treatment?

If you normally shave your legs then start waxing it can take up to 6 months of regular waxing to see the benefits. Though she could always be snapping them it's a good possibility which will obviously make them grow back a lot quicker.

I've found with my own legs that it's taken at least 6 months of regular waxing to get a good long lasting result.

I get loads of clients that will book in for a leg wax once before their holiday and think they'll be completely fuzz free for 4 weeks, or they'll moan that they got their legs waxed at the salon up the road and were hairy again a week or two later.

It takes a while to get all the hair into the same cycle and even then you'll still get the odd sprouter.

I've been having my legs waxed regularly for 12 months. And I would say they have only just got to the point where I could wear a dress/skirt at week 4. I wouldn't be able to wear one on a date at week 4 mind!!

It's comforting to know that I am not alone. Whether I went to my therapist or waxed my legs myself my hairs would be sprouting by a week!! I decided it is just a waste of money and I just immac now which lasts longer funny enough. We all have different growth rate and tbh I am quite a hairy person lol.

You could try exfoliating every few days after having your waxing treatment?

Although my hairs are very fine and blonde, I do have a lot of them so I guess like you this could be it! I have full eyebrows and the hair on my head grows about a mile a minute, which my hairdresser always comments on. Guess I can't complain really, lol. I've tried veet before on my legs but I'm always really sensitive to it so try not to. I'll exfoliate more often to see if that helps, it will also help against ingrown hairs too so good idea, thanks!

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm going to stick to my waxing schedule and hope that like you say the hairs get into the same cycle and hopefully don't grow back so quickly. It does make sense since I always wax my aunt's legs and hers don't start to grow back for about 6 weeks and she's been having them waxed for years and years...hopefully if I keep it up mine will be like that too.

Ok... So, had my wax. And you know what. Wasn't too bad!

She did the front of my legs then straight into the Hollywood.

I wore disposable pants. And had to hold particular areas out the way.

There was a sting with the lip (?) hair removal area.

She did most of the arse area by me bringing my knee to my chest.

I was on all fours briefly to do the crack.

I only had to hold my skin taut twice.

It wasn't too painful apart from the lip bit.

She did leave a bit on my left lip but, I'm not getting any action so I can cope til next time because it's fine blonde hairs.

Ok... So, had my wax. And you know what. Wasn't too bad!

She did the front of my legs then straight into the Hollywood.

I wore disposable pants. And had to hold particular areas out the way.

There was a sting with the lip (?) hair removal area.

She did most of the arse area by me bringing my knee to my chest.

I was on all fours briefly to do the crack.

I only had to hold my skin taut twice.

It wasn't too painful apart from the lip bit.

She did leave a bit on my left lip but, I'm not getting any action so I can cope til next time because it's fine blonde hairs.

Been waiting to hear how your wax went lol. I've enquired about mine and this has made me feel a lot better!! Glad it wasn't too bad :)

I used the cream she gave me afterwards and didn't run it in in between my arse cheeks well enough... That wasn't comfortable. *laughing face*

Oh no [emoji85] you've made me feel a lot better about it anyway!!

Hi geeks,
I've recently started to get my arms waxed by another professional, but I've noticed that the hairs grow back super quickly. I last got them waxed on Wednesday and it's now only Thursday and I can see and feel the hairs coming through. It works out that I get only a week tops of total smoothness...and this isn't what I would have expected from waxing. It also happens with my legs, so I don't get them waxed anymore because I don't see the point...they start growing back within a week so I thought may as well just shave them.
Could it be that my waxer is snapping the hairs? Although I do watch to see what she's doing and she seems to be doing it perfectly and my arms are totally smooth for a couple/few days after. Or is it that my hairs grow back fast or it's just normal? I'd say I leave on average 4 weeks between wax sessions. Any advice on how to make waxing results last longer? I'd like to know as it would be useful for my own clients also....thanks!

Hello.

With waxing there are 3 stages to hair growth. The Ideal is the anagen phase. If not waxed in that phase then the hairs automatically shed themselves, so when waxed the hair underneath is already about to come through. Maybe ask your therapist what stage you're at when you go, so you can plan the timing to prolong the benefits.

Latest posts

Back