Waxing wobble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus666

Reaction score
Hi there,

I recently passed my level 2 in July and have been building my home salon which is almost ready to go. I have however had a bit of a wobble with waxing and have literally just sent off to have my leaflets amended and all waxing services completely removed and I now feel liberated! I was never bad at waxing at college or anything but as soon as anyone requests it, my heart starts to palpitate as I'm just not the most confident and I think people can sense it. I'm hoping to maybe return to it one day when I'm more confident on all of my other treatments. Just wondering if anyone else felt like this starting out? My biggest fear is burning or bruising clients. I just hope I'm not being too hasty but I feel I know my strengths and weaknesses enough to know that its just going to make me panic. Thanks for listening xxx

Don't worry it happens to all of us at some stage.
I used to panick when I started intimate waxing but it is all down to practice and confidence, if you panick : chances are you do mess up but if you stay calm and work slower then you should be fine.
Watch lots of u tube tutorials on hair removals also helps to boost your visual experience or learning , can help .

Good luck [emoji6]

Don't worry it happens to all of us at some stage.
I used to panick when I started intimate waxing but it is all down to practice and confidence, if you panick : chances are you do mess up but if you stay calm and work slower then you should be fine.
Watch lots of u tube tutorials on hair removals also helps to boost your visual experience or learning , can help .

Good luck [emoji6]
Thanks Nailpod,

I think maybe when your in college your always against the clock and perhaps that's why I'm so flustered. I've got my friend coming over tomorrow who is a bit of a wax goddess to give me a bit of a helping hand as I don't like quitting by any means and know I just need practice but its not easy to find willing volunteers for this treatment lol! Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it xx

I think you've made the right decision. I used to feel like that when a client asked for a French Manicure so I'd convince them it was really old fashioned and that short, one colour nails were in:)

Now you have the pressure off of you, you can enjoy your job and maybe return to waxing when you feel ready. Work shouldn't be stressful.

I think you've made the right decision. I used to feel like that when a client asked for a French Manicure so I'd convince them it was really old fashioned and that short, one colour nails were in:)

Now you have the pressure off of you, you can enjoy your job and maybe return to waxing when you feel ready. Work shouldn't be stressful.
Thanks Kim,

Funnily enough I get a wobble with the French mani too (I might use you idea to wiggle out of that one :) I enjoy everything else and hope to go back to it one day. Ive now found a willing volunteer who I will be waxing as and when to practice on behind the scenes so hope that might be the answer. xx

Latest posts

Back