Website / search engines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my website I went with a soft green and bright pink. This was to match the bright pink butterfly logo my printer talked me into going with, saying it is better to stick with just two colours (and we went with black and bright pink)...

Recently it dawned on me that black and bright pink won't work for a man - nor will the soft green and bright pink website. Well a soft minty green might... but not hot pink!

I've been toying with the idea of revamping the colour scheme while keeping the butterfly logo (it's trademarked anyway). I've asked family and friends for input and they keep giving me blase responses about my choices & I need upfront input. Do I go with soft green and black, beige and black... white and black (though that's too dull for me)...

I want colours that say 'natural... for men, women, children, babies...' I'm in the process of changing the name from Jolicatellas to Joli & I'd like to choose a colour scheme I can stick with before I'm done...

What do you think?

For my website I went with a soft green and bright pink. This was to match the bright pink butterfly logo my printer talked me into going with, saying it is better to stick with just two colours (and we went with black and bright pink)...

Recently it dawned on me that black and bright pink won't work for a man - nor will the soft green and bright pink website. Well a soft minty green might... but not hot pink!

I've been toying with the idea of revamping the colour scheme while keeping the butterfly logo (it's trademarked anyway). I've asked family and friends for input and they keep giving me blase responses about my choices & I need upfront input. Do I go with soft green and black, beige and black... white and black (though that's too dull for me)...

I want colours that say 'natural... for men, women, children, babies...' I'm in the process of changing the name from Jolicatellas to Joli & I'd like to choose a colour scheme I can stick with before I'm done...

What do you think?

I'm not so keen on the pink (when viewed against the green), and it's also not so easy to read the blue of the link text over such a deep pink.

There's a few other things I'd suggest doing to improve the look of your site - including making the navigation consistent across all pages (all have links along the bar at the bottom, some have links down the side, and some have links along the top). Then I'm also experiencing a charset/character encoding issue when viewing your site (on IE7) in that a lot of the "non-standard ASCII" characters are not displaying properly. To fix that, you would need to make sure that each web page is saved using the same character coding as what the web server is expecting. I personally find that Unicode (UTF-8) is a good character set to standardise on.

I'd also be inclined to re-do the text in your header at the top of the page (where the Monotype Corsiva [or equivalent] text is superimposed on top of the image and says "Jolicatellas Natural Skin Care Products Being Beautiful... Naturally") to use an "anti-aliased" font, as the text is looking quite pixellated at the moment.

Hope that helps - sorry for being nit-picky :)

Thank you so much for your feedback Ruth. It is very much appreciated.

I will now go off and work on each of the points you have raised and incorporate them into the new domain site. Hopefully I can work out the ASCII thing too, they appeared after my domain hosts moved me from http to https - and TBH I haven't open my browser using IE7 for quite some time... so I had no idea that was still happening! haha, thanks for the heads up.

Again thanks for the feedback :green:

Hopefully I can work out the ASCII thing too, they appeared after my domain hosts moved me from http to https - and TBH I haven't open my browser using IE7 for quite some time... so I had no idea that was still happening! haha, thanks for the heads up.

No worries at all! A few days ago, someone I was helping out with a site had a similar issue; the solution was to save the HTML pages using UTF-8 encoding (it was an option they could choose in Dreamweaver). But that is also dependent on the web server being set up to serve pages using UTF-8.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back