Wedding Nails for a Bride

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
Hi

Im doing a client thats getting married in december and her bridesmaids (and i havent finished my foundation course yet) eek nothing like throwing yourself in at the deepend!

ive seen the white glimmer powder and metro powders-what doe everyone think of them and can u use them with retention+ ???

i know the metro's are 50% off at the mo so might get both!! i really wanna do them well for her big day and do her something a bit more special

lou x

i found that the white twilight powder on a white tip looks wicked for wedding nails (its a bit see through so use the white tips and its comes out bright sparkly white... gorgeous.)

you can use the glimmer powder instead of perfect pink for a really sparkly effect, but i personally think the perfect pink looks best, really sets off the sparkly white.

Cant help you with l&p Lou but I've done a couple of brides with bio - french. They were lovely and they were really pleased. I did a silver glitter band over the smile line on one and some white flowers on the other.

You could always check out these 3D nail stickers...(See link.) They do florals and bridal lace designs... They look realy lovely when on and are good for giving the effect of nail art if you haven't quite mastered doing it free hand like me!

http://www.nailtopia.co.uk/acatalog/3D_nail_stickers.html

They sell a small range of these in my local Sally's, so may do in yours if you wanted to look at them properly before buying them.

HTH.
Miss B. x

Hi,

I have one of the creative glitter powders on mine nails ( cant remember what its called, not glimmer the other one!! ) If you use it on its own it is very transparent, but creates a natural looking colour, i used perfect pink over zones 2 & 3. If you mix it with the soft white then it becomes more opaque! It does look very natural and pretty, but there isnt much glitter in it!

Nail Graphix do some lovely glitters that are more sparkly than the creative ones - i have got a pink one which is very pretty - but i guess it just depends what your clients want!

x x

looby4444 said:
Hi

Im doing a client thats getting married in december and her bridesmaids (and i havent finished my foundation course yet) eek nothing like throwing yourself in at the deepend!

ive seen the white glimmer powder and metro powders-what doe everyone think of them and can u use them with retention+ ???

i know the metro's are 50% off at the mo so might get both!! i really wanna do them well for her big day and do her something a bit more special

lou x

Lou sounds like you've got a good plan use you can use them with retention and I think that glimmer will look good maybe on a clear tip so they really shine...hth

It is great fun when you have a bride and bridesmaids.

If your into 3d flowers you can always offer a couple of flowers with gems in the center to her ring finger the same as her bouquet. Goes down a treat and they generally come back for more.

The to be hubbies like it also, cause if they had a tad too much too drink the night before, The bride just tells him to go for the flowers!

Take care xx

smiler13334 said:
The to be hubbies like it also, cause if they had a tad too much too drink the night before, The bride just tells him to go for the flowers!

???

smiler13334 said:
To put the ring!!! lol

Ahh right...lol. I sat and read and read and read again but couldn't understand wha tyou were on about!!...lol :o

Now i see the light. :biggrin:

jessica brooks said:
Hi,

I have one of the creative glitter powders on mine nails ( cant remember what its called, not glimmer the other one!! ) If you use it on its own it is very transparent, but creates a natural looking colour, i used perfect pink over zones 2 & 3. If you mix it with the soft white then it becomes more opaque! It does look very natural and pretty, but there isnt much glitter in it!

Nail Graphix do some lovely glitters that are more sparkly than the creative ones - i have got a pink one which is very pretty - but i guess it just depends what your clients want!

x x

i think your talking about the twilight powder i was going on about. looks best if you put it on a white tip, rather than mix with perfect white, as you get more sparkle and shimmer and it comes out brilliant white.

The

mamma said:
Ahh right...lol. I sat and read and read and read again but couldn't understand wha tyou were on about!!...lol :o

Now i see the light. :biggrin:

PMSL!!!! you're nearly as blonde as me!!! he he he!!

Latest posts

Back