Wella advice for grey coverage and general advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberryblonde

Reaction score
Hi I am an nvq2 student and need some advice on wella. base colours to cover grey..... For example if my chosen shade is say a 5/37 and I wanted to cover 30% grey I would use 5/37 + 5/0? If I wanted to cover 50% or more grey would I use 5/37 + 2 parts 5/0 or would I use 5/37 + 55/0? Or can the double bases like 55/0 44/0 only be used with the special mix toners? Also if you were doing a full head colour with root re touch (some grey) where would you start? Hairline, back sections then front sections or would you do hairline last? Would you process colour under a plastic cap or would this depend on if you were using heat? Development times- how long would you leave. Colour in root before putting through the rest of the hair, with heat and without heat? Sorry for all the questions. X

Whooah millions of questions.

As you're not qualified yet. We can't give you technical advice, your tutors should be answering those questions for you. It's their job. Or is this a friends hair you're doing at home?

Latest posts

Back