Wella colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlossyFlo

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone else had problems with wella colours not covering white hair? I have been using wella for over 15 years and recently I have noticed that the colours are coming out patchy even the more intense shades, 77/0, 88/0, 99/0. Clients have also been complaining,

I am now in need of changing brands any recommendations? I need great coverage and lovely blondes.

Thank you

They haven’t change anything? What do you mean patchy?

If you are finding they are not covering properly then leave the colour on for 45 mins which is what I do for any client with grey/White regrowth or resistant hair, either that or your diluting colour with peroxide too much if it’s not covering properly. As for patchyness are you pushing the colour right into the root? If it’s a full head application I always go back through once applied and comb each section and saturate in colour, on thicker hair or colour change I can do this 2-3 times over the period of development to make sure the colour goes even.

Are you mixing the double bases with other shades they aren’t supposed to be mixed with anything other mix tones.

Have you tried presoftening the resistant hair first before applying the colour?

The top problems would be:
None accurate mixing, use scales or measuring jug (I prefer scales)
Intermixing shades, don't dilute with for example 9/38 only with mix tones
Only with 6%
Time for full development time 40/45 mins
Take smaller sections when applying put plenty of tint on

Hi,
Has anyone else had problems with wella colours not covering white hair? I have been using wella for over 15 years and recently I have noticed that the colours are coming out patchy even the more intense shades, 77/0, 88/0, 99/0. Clients have also been complaining,

I am now in need of changing brands any recommendations? I need great coverage and lovely blondes.

Thank you
never had problems with wella kp not covering grey, its the best ive ever used, better than matrix, goldwell, affinage(by far) nexxt, montibello and a couple other small brands. if it's not covering properly, you may be doing something wrong. for full grey coverage, leave the tint off for a full 45 minutes without heat. if the hair is coming out patchy, it can only be two things, inconsistent application or inadequate mixing. I always mix my tint for 60 seconds with a framar rubber whisk. if you find wella isn't giving you the grey coverage you want, then you'll be incredibly disappointed by everything else.

Latest posts

Back