Wella Koleston Perfect Special Mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdoIsAotAPanda

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm studying NVQ2 and I'm looking to tone my own hair grey, so bought special mix in 0/11, but when I came home and read the leaflet inside, it says I need to mix colour crèam (Koleston perfect plus special mix) with welloxon perfect?

I have no idea what these are as ive never used Wella before. I'm assuming one of them is their peroxide?

I have attached a picture of the leaflet aswel if ive not explained it very well.

If anyone can help, that would be very much appreciated!

You haven't added the pic x

You can use it on its own with pastel x

Oh yeah sorry

Attachments

• 1380361563118.jpg
    1380361563118.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,790
Hi! Show to your tutor at college and ask some advice. O.11 is mixed with pastel developer but alone (e.g not mixed with 10.0) believe it goes quite a dark grey xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why are you set on using special mix /11 to tone
What colour is your hair now?
Colour 8/81 comes out really grey x

My hair is just a light yellow from bleaching yesterday, and purely because thats what ive bought and don't want to waste it

I personally use Schwarzkopf Igora...but have worked with Wella before. The mixtone alone will really darken your hair, if your hair is freshly bleached it will suck it up like noones business but fade really quickly. I'd never use a pure mixtone to tone, they're simply too strong and will grab far too much. I used to use 12/81 for a really silvery, platinum effect, but if you want to put your mixtone to use, maybe buy a 12/0, and 2:1 with the base? That should give you a nice grey tone. In future though, Igora's 9.5 - 22 is perfect for a blue/grey effect!

Is use the steel silver from these cocktails posted a few months ago by a great geek!

Hi geeks just thought id post my colouring cocktails on: D*

You VISUALLY develop; these have been tried and tested: D Have fun!

Wella Toner Cocktails:
10/38 (30ml) + 3% (60ml) = HONEY BLONDE
10/8 (30ml) + 3% (60ml) = ASH BLONDE
10/1 (20ml) + 0/66 (5ml) + 0/88 (5ml) + 3% (60ml) = COTTON CANDY SILVER
55/66 (20ml) + 0/65 (20ml) + 0/28 (20m) + 6% (60ml) = EGGPLANT PURPLE
10/0 (30ml) + 10/96 (30ml) + 3% (120ml) = VIOLET BLONDE
12/61 (15ml) + 12/81 (15ml) + 3% = STEEL SILVER
10/0 (10ml) + 0/65 (10ml) + 0/45 (10ml) + 3% (60ml) = ROSE PINK

Colouring Cocktails:
22/0 (30ml) + 0/88 (30ml) + 6% (60ml) = Blue-Black
55/66 (30ml) + 0/88 (30ml) + 6% (60ml) = Deep Purple
77/46 (20ml) + 0/43 (20ml) + 0/45 (20ml) + 6% (60ml) = Intense red

I personally use Schwarzkopf Igora...but have worked with Wella before. The mixtone alone will really darken your hair, if your hair is freshly bleached it will suck it up like noones business but fade really quickly. I'd never use a pure mixtone to tone, they're simply too strong and will grab far too much. I used to use 12/81 for a really silvery, platinum effect, but if you want to put your mixtone to use, maybe buy a 12/0, and 2:1 with the base? That should give you a nice grey tone. In future though, Igora's 9.5 - 22 is perfect for a blue/grey effect!

Why do you use a high lift tint to tone Hun just out out interest?
10 line and pastel would be better x

I used to use 12/81 for a really silvery, platinum effect, but if you want to put your mixtone to use, maybe buy a 12/0, and 2:1 with the base? That should give you a nice grey tone. In future though, Igora's 9.5 - 22 is perfect for a blue/grey effect!

Don't use a high lift tint to tone. Try a 10/81 color fresh or a 10/8 in koleston for this effect.

Why do you use a high lift tint to tone Hun just out out interest?
10 line and pastel would be better x

Was just the way I was taught...they told me to use the 12 line, mix 1:2 with either 3% or 1.9%

I use the 9.5 pastel range to tone with now!

Didn't mean to give bad advice, it's just how I was taught!

Last edited:
Was just the way I was taught...they told me to use the 12 line, mix 1:2 with either 3% or 1.9%

I use the 9.5 pastel range to tone with now!

Didn't mean to give bad advice, it's just how I've always done it and it's worked okay for me! :)

Wella don't do 3% so surly they didnt teach you to use a non branded peroxide
And 1.9 is colour touch so I'm confused
And it's not your fault your just saying what you have been taught but that's what this forum is about giving people the correct advise an how to do things better thats all 😊
If I was to ever witch I never have and never will use a high lift to time then I would more and Likey use pastel is that what you ment pastel is 2.9 x

And it's not your fault your just saying what you have been taught but that's what this forum is about giving people the correct advise an how to do things better thats all 😊
If I was to ever witch I never have and never will use a high lift to time then I would more and Likey use pastel is that what you ment pastel is 2.9 x

To tone*

I got taught with Scwharzkopf in college who do have 3%...and their version of Colour Touch is Vibrance/Viviance which uses 1.9.

When I started at the salon that used Wella, they never taught me any different so I just carried on as they used Sally's peroxide.

The place changed hands and started using XP-100 shortly before I left and you can imagine how that went!

Thank you for your advice. Even though I now use Igora 9.5 pastels exclusively to tone, I had no idea that the 12 series weren't suitable for toning!

I got taught with Scwharzkopf in college who do have 3%...and their version of Colour Touch is Vibrance/Viviance which uses 1.9.

When I started at the salon that used Wella, they never taught me any different so I just carried on as they used Sally's peroxide.

The place changed hands and started using XP-100 shortly before I left and you can imagine how that went!

Thank you for your advice. Even though I now use Igora 9.5 pastels exclusively to tone, I had no idea that the 12 series weren't suitable for toning!

You arent supposed to apparently but i know a lot of people that tone with the 12/ range. Not sure why instead of the 10 or 9. Also Ive only worked in 1 salon where theyve actually had the wella/schwarzkopf matching peroxide in stock!!! Xx

You arent supposed to apparently but i know a lot of people that tone with the 12/ range. Not sure why instead of the 10 or 9. Also Ive only worked in 1 salon where theyve actually had the wella/schwarzkopf matching peroxide in stock!!! Xx

Many people does cause they think that will gain only the tones which are in chosen 12 series and not changing the base tone,
also at last salon i used to work recently they used nonbranded peroxydes shampoo and conditioners,the worst of the worst!my hands had burn marks every time i was made to refill branded bottles so people have the thought of only great products are used.
Unfortunatelly that bad habit is used by the majority of salons here in athens,also now on they use non brand or wellknown hairdyes instead of big brands which they claim to do or publish!:evil:

Latest posts

Back