What a year it’s been………………….

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redgirl32

Reaction score
I haven’t posted much on this site but one thing I have done is read and re-read sometimes until the early hours of the morning (any space for me in NGA?)
In March last year I went to my first show at Olympia I was 2 weeks into my vtct man/ped cert and loving it. I walked around that show with my mouth open in awe at what I was seeing. The industry greats that I’d read about on the internet and in the magazines were all there within touching distance, I was like a star struck teenager. On one of my many circuits around the Creative stand I decided to speak to Liz about the education programme and there it began. In May I did my FDFC with Anne Swain which was brilliant and then decided to take the nail technology certificate at my local college. Although my tutor was one of the nicest people I have met I was so glad that I had done my foundation course first. One of the things we learned at college was that “having nail extensions is not a pampering treatment” so I think you get the gist of what happened there for the 15 weeks. After losing my job in December I decided to join Cuticles, have taken my master classes with Amanda Fontanarrosa and am really pleased to be able to call myself a L&P Master Technician, yippee. I also want to congratulate my fellow class mates who also qualified yesterday, Dee Bailey, Christianna Hava and Caroline Holboj; well done girls we had a ball! This March I’m going to be at Olympia but this time I’m going to be on the Cuticles stand, what a turnaround.

What I really want to say is a big THANK YOU to EVERYONE here who has helped me, (albeit without you realising and irrespective of the systems you use or the company’s you represent) your input has helped me immensely, Thanks.

p.s I post a months worth at a time lol

WOW you certainly had a fab year..........................Well done for passing your Masters xxx
Have a huge drink on me xxx

Well done!!!

Masters within a year? My hat goes off to you, I'm only 3 months in but there is NO WAY on this EARTH I can imagine completing my masters in a year.

Nice to hear a success story and just shows what you can achieve when you put your mind to it.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have had an exciting year. Will pop by the Cuticles stand at Olympia.

Mel what an exciting story....and well done to you on your nail success.....you must be sooo thrilled!
:hug:

Thanks girls,
Bryony I still can't quite believe it and with me being such a daft bat it's even more amazing. Amanda is truely a miracle worker. I'm still grinning so much that my fat cheeks are obscuring my vision :D . See you at Olympia

You're an inspiration Mel - no wonder you've achieved what you have.....

well done you !

CONGRATULATIONS MEL :hug:

Latest posts

Back