What brands are people using for gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikkiej

Reaction score
Hi I'm doing gel extensions and I am currently have problems with gellux uv hard gel and wanting to change to another top leading brand which one are good please and how long are they lasting x

I use ink ijel , love it!

Where do I get that from please and how long does it last x

I use CND Brisa which is fantastic. Clients can go anything up to 4 weeks between maintenance.

I use CND Brisa which is fantastic. Clients can go anything up to 4 weeks between maintenance.
Thank you I'll have a look into it x

I've just ordered nsi secrets soak off hard gel - led/uv - yet to try it but heard good things :)

I'm currently training. I believe it's ibd that we use in class for gel, but I'm thinking of getting cnd because that is the acrylic system I use as well. I would like to stay branded

I want to stay branded and I'm thinking either ibd or the edge but want to know someone that has tried these before I waste more money x

I wouldn't recommend The Edge personally. It's a product generally used by students and there are far superior gels out there.

It's also widely available on eBay and you want to be buying professional products that your clients can't get hold of!

It is very common for people to experience a difficulty & switch brands hoping this will instantly solve the problem.

Gellux hard gel, which you've stated isn't lasting at all on clients, is used successfully by lots of people without any issue.

You are new & experiencing teething issues. Post some pics for some advice, think about getting some 121 training, practice until you dream about nails...

All these things will solve your problems but buying a new brand of gel won't.

It is very common for people to experience a difficulty & switch brands hoping this will instantly solve the problem.

Gellux hard gel, which you've stated isn't lasting at all on clients, is used successfully by lots of people without any issue.

You are new & experiencing teething issues. Post some pics for some advice, think about getting some 121 training, practice until you dream about nails...

All these things will solve your problems but buying a new brand of gel won't.
The gellux is lasting on some but some not and I do everything the same I have had 121 training by gellux themselves so I really can't see I'm doing anything wrong and they all look fantastic once done but it's a few clients I've had recently where they have just literally come off x

I use Calgel...it's brill. Goes for two to four weeks then still on some people. Xx

The gellux is lasting on some but some not and I do everything the same I have had 121 training by gellux themselves so I really can't see I'm doing anything wrong and they all look fantastic once done but it's a few clients I've had recently where they have just literally come off x

I say it sounds like your clients lack of aftercare if you have some that last & others that don't. Ask them what they are doing at home/work - are they wearing gloves if cleaning, could be heavy handed etc. Not every client is suitable for one system, hence L&P, gel polishes etc for those other options x

Latest posts

Back