What could this be???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_of_Pain

Reaction score
I had a client last night (a lady from my former place of employment). She complained about my prices - she wanted to pay me $20.00 (my regular price for a full set is $60.00 - I was giving people that I know discounts at $40 because I am starting out and need new clients).

Anyways, she was telling me about all of these discount salons that she had went to (of course she thought they were great), and how fast they were. She told me a bunch of things that she thought were great and I though were horrible, like improper use of an electric file, etc, etc.. She asked me why I did not use acrylic (I use gel), and I told her that I will one I get my salon set up with proper ventilation, etc, as the l&p smell is so strong.

This is what I am wondering - she told me that the discount salons that she was going to used acrylic, but she said that it had no odor at all, and that it was a sugary substance (like if you mixed sugar with a bit of water) that they put on her nails and it smelled sort of sweet like sugar. I thought that was strange because any l&p that I have ever smelled, well, did not smell sweet.

So I am curious as to what they were using, as it is nothing that I have heard of before.

I am sure she will not return as a client of mine, and that is fine with me.

The trouble with the statement they use acrylic, Could mean they use gel because gel is an acrylic. I would try and find out more information about this mystery product they use, Because I have never seen a monomer that looks like sugar and water mixed :eek:

I know OPi have an odour free acrylic, perhaps it is this? Its called Clarite.

Michelle x

Is it not possible she could be bending the truth! If the salon prices are so low (im sure $20 is about £14) then im sure they wont be using a system like OPI's oderless. Also customers like this sound like the just want to knock your confidence to get you to drop your prices. Many of my clients have referred to my liquid as water and say my powder looks like icing sugar! I use opi comp 3000 and there is a strong smell to this and some of my regulars say they no longer notice the smell any more.

I think this lady is just trying to get a cheaper set of nails out of you!

Latest posts

Back