What do you do when you have a cold?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have only been in my job 4 weeks and I have come down this cold and everytime I look down my nose runs.
Obviously I can't take time off I haven't got the flue and I am well enough to go to work.
But it's embarrassing and it's stopping me doing my work as I have to stop every 5 mins to nliw my nose and wash hands.
I was going to plug my nose with tissue but my desk is situated in the window and clients see me with tissue stuffed up my nose as soon as they enter.
What shall I do?

When Im like this I contact all my clients saying I have a cold & give them the option to reschedule then they are aware before they arrive that I have a cold, go to chemist to get something for the runny nose

Sudafed / cold capsules that dry up your nose -take every 4 hours until you get home!
They take an hour to start working so take your morning dose with breakfast.
Get better soon!

Thank you I'll get some cold and caps in the morning. Xx

Boots do a version without caffeine. I only found after using sudafed long term for sinusitis and hardly slept at all!

You could try mentholated crystals placed in hot water and breathe in the vapours. This will help clear your sinuses and stop your nose running for a bit

I swear by sinutab. Dried it all up!!
I usually hold onto a cold for weeks on end. Took sinutab during my last cold and it was gone after 2 days.x

You need to go to a doctor and get medicine so you can feel better. Based on what is required from state to state to stay clean you do not want to come to work sick.

Yeah a decongestant will dry your nose up :)

Otrivin nasal spray! Something to keep in mind for the future. It is hands down the single best product. One spray in each nostril lasts between 8-10 hours, dries up the cavity and allows you to breathe and move without leaks.
Simply the best!

Latest posts

Back