What does the 'National' mean in 'National Nail Competition'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
I've been wondering this for a little while now and have PM'd Chocolate. but I know mad busy she is, so I'm throwing it out to everyone!

At the Professional Beauty Shows, with the nail comps being called 'National Nail Competition' (as opposed to 'International') does this mean that only residents of whichever country the 'national' nail competition is being held in, can enter? This is how I am understanding it, otherwise it would be called an 'International Nail Competition', surely?

For example, the 'National Nail Comps' which are held in the UK should only have entrants who are UK residents, and the same for other countries. Or have I got it wrong?

I ask because I was told that someone who had won one of the categories at Earls Court in the UK had also entered and won the same category at the Dublin Pro Beauty show, and that she actually lived in Ireland. Would this mean that she shouldn't have been allowed to enter the UK National Nail Comps?

I'm just curious......... :confused:

Jackie
Libety Nail Design

There were winners at EC from quite a few different countries. Perhaps it just means that you say you are champion of the UK comps, rather than a UK champion! Dunno! You've confused my li'l we brain now Jackie! But food for thought.

I took it as you could be resident in England Ireland Scotland or Wales and enter any of the competitions in these areas, if you want to gain points for Nail technician of the year you have to do the competition circuit which is Earls court sept Gmex Oct and Excel in march. i think Scotland and Ireland hold their own shows and have thier own titles seperately.

Doesnt answer the question but may help a little hun
x

Excellent question Jackie. As you say, National Competitions should only be open to residents of that country and International Competitions would allow entrants from elsewhere. Hopefully someone will be able to clarify.

Excuse me bumping this..... I'd loved to know the answer to this if anyone knows! ;)

Jackie

I have pm'd Rachel (aka Chocolate) and hopefully she will be able to clarify this. If not, perhaps the new rules and regulations can be more specific, hopefully.

i would have thought it would mean that if you win you are "UK" winner rather than European winner.

That's how i understand but what do i know because i've never entered one!
;)

I have Pm'd you Jackie.

What a great point to make, i have not looked at it like that before. Mmmmm another to add to my list!

You can enter any of the comps, it does not matter where you come from. The placings (NOT points as it was last season) accumalated from the 2 london and manchester shows go in to the "Competition Nail Tech of the Year" Won last year by Lisa Smith.

We also have European Nail Tech of the Year which last season was the highest scoring competitor at excel. Last year won by Nikki Portway. Although this is due to be changed as it disrciminates against the nail art catagories as they cannot score as high due to the design in the score sheets.

My list is getting longer! ...........................

Thanks Rachel - I got your PM. :D

I just thought it was strange they are called 'National' Nail Competitions when they're not really!

Appreciate your reply.
Jackie
x

chocolate said:
You can enter any of the comps, it does not matter where you come from. The placings (NOT points as it was last season) accumalated from the 2 london and manchester shows go in to the "Competition Nail Tech of the Year" Won last year by Lisa Smith.

We also have European Nail Tech of the Year which last season was the highest scoring competitor at excel. Last year won by Nikki Portway. Although this is due to be changed as it disrciminates against the nail art catagories as they cannot score as high due to the design in the score sheets.
cheers for the info Rachel and its nice to know whats going on :)

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back