What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonda

Reaction score
I'm a member on a few forums, most of them motorbike 1's, & there are 2 threads which people post things about their days which made them smile or what irked them today.

I thought since most people come on forums for info or to rant about something, a thread where you can get off your chest whatever has irked you today.

So i'll go first:

Forgetting to do stuff has irked me today.
Since my fit last week, i've realised my memory has really been affected & i'm forgetting things loads of simple things, like bring a spare cleanse in to the salon from home. Bring from the salon all my nail disks for my dad as he's making me a display for them.

So come on .... what irked today ??

What irked me is the clothing store I went to today does not carry plus sized clothing even though they sell them on-line. VERY frustrating!

What got me today was the bloody idiots in tescos ! You know the ones who stop slap bang in the middle of an aisle to have a bloody chat ! And the ones who were basically ramming trollies up me behind ! I'm fine now though so that's what irked me today XxXx

What irked me was... Going out for a meal... 8 people, 2 orders incorrect and took aaaages to correct (everyone else had finished by the time ours came) then when we got the bill they had the cheek to add a 10% service charge to it !!!!
I will tip what I want to tip thank you very much you presumptuous bas****s haha !!!
Rant over xxx

P.S. I'm not tight - I am a tipper - but this got on my wick tonight lol x

Lol never heard irked before. Mine is I wanted an early finish, and ended up cleaning behind everyone and staying 30 minutes after normal closing with a client coming in asking for a colour cut and blow, 10 minutes after the time displayed on the salon door, getting home to find a note by the kettle saying the gas ran out while cooking so I need to get more, having to walk 10 minutes each way after a full day working just for warmth, the oh finishing work late because the manager is a lazy piece
Of poop and thinks that his daughter isn't safe at her mums for another 10 minutes because she's stupid enough to cut her wrists (the wrong bloody way if I might add, so clearly attention seeking), cooking a lovely meal to have my oh say "oh I only wanted cheese on toast tonight", and the topping of it all....
My neighbour phoning half way through me singing allong to abba to tell me that 2 years ago tonight his wife died and its only respectful to keep the tv off. Sorry mr neighbour but I never liked your wife or you so I will sing abba if I want to chilled day for me lol, but a great thread to vent on lol xoxo

I'm irked because i'm going on holiday in less than 5 weeks and i want to be skinny but i just can't stop eating!!!! aarrrggghhhhh!!! i feel like i'm going insane!

I'm irked because i'm going on holiday in less than 5 weeks and i want to be skinny but i just can't stop eating!!!! aarrrggghhhhh!!! i feel like i'm going insane!

Dito 4 weeks :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Im irked today due to sleeping awkward last night, so haven't been able to look left all day :(

I'm still irked from yesterday. I work night shift, finished on Friday morning and was up all Friday night. So yesterday morning I went for a lie down, told my OH to wake me at midday to which he said sure, no problem. I woke up in the dark at friggin 8 o'clock at night!!!!!! Prat.
As you may be able to tell I'm slightly p***** as I've been up since then. Tired and cranky doesn't even come close. Now the OH is telling me I have to clean my car!!!

I fear I'm rather close to becoming a widow.:O

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Hi everyone, I have done my training for individual eye lash extensions and want to start building up my supplies, can anyone suggest the best thickness to buy to begin, i.e the most popular. I think my clients will mainly want a natural look but 0.15 be to fine? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks :)

Lol never heard irked before. Mine is I wanted an early finish, and ended up cleaning behind everyone and staying 30 minutes after normal closing with a client coming in asking for a colour cut and blow, 10 minutes after the time displayed on the salon door, getting home to find a note by the kettle saying the gas ran out while cooking so I need to get more, having to walk 10 minutes each way after a full day working just for warmth, the oh finishing work late because the manager is a lazy piece
Of poop and thinks that his daughter isn't safe at her mums for another 10 minutes because she's stupid enough to cut her wrists (the wrong bloody way if I might add, so clearly attention seeking), cooking a lovely meal to have my oh say "oh I only wanted cheese on toast tonight", and the topping of it all....
My neighbour phoning half way through me singing allong to abba to tell me that 2 years ago tonight his wife died and its only respectful to keep the tv off. Sorry mr neighbour but I never liked your wife or you so I will sing abba if I want to chilled day for me lol, but a great thread to vent on lol xoxo
lol, this made me laugh sorry! what irked me today...being given 3 discs packed full of e books, fantastic, trying to get the software or whatever its called on my laptop?arrgghh! eventually get it working, can i get the blooming thing to connect to my Kobo reader? oh no it won't,arrgghh! eventually sort it all, after many hours only to have teenage son and friend ask whats for tea, hurriedly cook pizzas, burn hand on oven and manage to drop a pizza, luckily the dog managed to catch it in his big gob, only thing that will cheer me up now is a triple tia maria with a generous helping of vodka and a tiny splash of diet coke xxx

I wouldn't say irked as such, because I have had a really good day at work again in my other job. But, it never ceases to amaze me how some people expect me to sort out miracles for them! I'm talking stuff that is physically impossible, but it doesn't stop them from expecting me to have all the answers and solve it!
So I have had a good opportunity to use my communication skills in a professional manner when all I really want to say is *************** :rolleyes:

Me!

1. Yes you have damaged nail biter nails, and because on your stupidity no I am not a miracle worker and I will not give you hooker length nails.

2. I no I look different with out my weave and my hair dyed 4 shades darker and I don't care if you liked my hair better before. I already feel like crap because I gotta wait 24 hrs to get my extensions put back in thankyou.

3. I'm fat so why can't I stop eating! And why do my thighs look so much bigger then yesterday!

4. Did everybody have their stupid caps on today at work? Obviously they did. I don't care what Argan oil you choose and I don't care that you used to be blond and don't no if you wanna go back blond just choose some fricken extensions.

5. And finally......oh dear hubby don't trash my house just before going to camp and expect it to be squeaky clean when you come home next week. You are a PIG!

Ahhh feel. Bit better

Me!

1. Yes you have damaged nail biter nails, and because on your stupidity no I am not a miracle worker and I will not give you hooker length nails.

2. I no I look different with out my weave and my hair dyed 4 shades darker and I don't care if you liked my hair better before. I already feel like crap because I gotta wait 24 hrs to get my extensions put back in thankyou.

3. I'm fat so why can't I stop eating! And why do my thighs look so much bigger then yesterday!

4. Did everybody have their stupid caps on today at work? Obviously they did. I don't care what Argan oil you choose and I don't care that you used to be blond and don't no if you wanna go back blond just choose some fricken extensions.

5. And finally......oh dear hubby don't trash my house just before going to camp and expect it to be squeaky clean when you come home next week. You are a PIG!

Ahhh feel. Bit better

Glad you feel better. Had to laugh at hooker nails and your a pig.
Now breathe lol xoxo

Everything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was irked at 3.10am this morning by a client texting about a spray tan . Turned my phone off it it woke my baby (baby in my room) . Turned it back on at 8am and I had 7 answer machine messages from her .....needless to say she will not be getting an appointment with me x

I'm irked today because.... Client texts me at 7 to say she can't make an appt at 11 as she was rushed to hospital yesterday. So I text back, no worried hope you are ok and feel better soon. For said client to update fb 15 mins later saying looking forward to get nails done cheaper than me!! I will not be doing her nails again.... I hate people who lie.
I then text a lady who wanted nails doing saying had cancellation if she wants to pop over at 11, for her to turn up with child in tow, child cries through out whole of treatment. Then she asks if she can have discount as she is skint..... But 5 mins before tells me she is popping to McDonald's (so not skint)
Then I come down stairs for a cuppa and bit of cake to find hubby has taken it to work :( xx

I was irked at 3.10am this morning by a client texting about a spray tan . Turned my phone off it it woke my baby (baby in my room) . Turned it back on at 8am and I had 7 answer machine messages from her .....needless to say she will not be getting an appointment with me x

Who the hell rings at that time of the morning? No wonder you are irked off lol x

1. Woke up with a massive pain in my jaw from my wisdom tooth to accompany the pain on my butt cheek from my pulled muscle.
2. My old, blind dog pooped in my shoe.
3. Despite my many complaints, those stupid neighbors from across the fence still leave their toddler outside to scream and cry his/her little head off at the a**-crack of dawn.

...I'm starting to think writing a list of what doesn't irk me would be shorter because there's more but I'd rather not list them here. :lol:

The fact that day today I called in sick to work for the first time and all I got back from the text to let my colleagues know was 'ok'

:suprised:

No 'thanks', 'take care', 'look after yourself', nothing!!!!

That's what irked me today x :p

Latest posts

Back