What makes your business stand out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah.Ox

Reaction score
How can you make you business different from others around without spending a fortune?

It depends what you do. What is your business? Are you a salon? Where are you?

Vic x

It depends what you do. What is your business? Are you a salon? Where are you?

Vic x

Hey I'm qualified in level 2 beauty and level 2 hair but I am also a working mum to a 4 year old and a 1 and a half year old, but I am trying to find ideas of how I could become mobile, finding brands and products to use but also make myself different from other mobile therapists near me. I'm in the UK in the North East x

Hey I'm qualified in level 2 beauty and level 2 hair but I am also a working mum to a 4 year old and a 1 and a half year old, but I am trying to find ideas of how I could become mobile, finding brands and products to use but also make myself different from other mobile therapists near me. I'm in the UK in the North East x

Hi, I'm in the north east as well. Is there any treatments you do different to other therapists?

Xxx

Hi, I'm in the north east as well. Is there any treatments you do different to other therapists?

Xxx

The only extras I've done so far is spray tanning, gel polish and ear piercing but I don't want to do anything with that one.

I'm just looking ideas of maybe what other people do that is less common and then looking into more courses cause everyone near me seems to offer the same and they don't stand out from each other x

I've been asking myself the same question and I've decided to market myself as a premium beauty and spa service in the comfort of clients homes. I'm going for a quality over quantity idea; less clients but bigger spenders. I'll be using CND Shellac, CND Mani/pedi products, Sienna X, Eve Taylor and just deciding on lash lift range x there's a lot of £10 gel polish offers etc in my area and I don't want to go down that route really. Like you I have two small children and limited time so I will be wanting to maximise the time I work x

I've been asking myself the same question and I've decided to market myself as a premium beauty and spa service in the comfort of clients homes. I'm going for a quality over quantity idea; less clients but bigger spenders. I'll be using CND Shellac, CND Mani/pedi products, Sienna X, Eve Taylor and just deciding on lash lift range x there's a lot of £10 gel polish offers etc in my area and I don't want to go down that route really. Like you I have two small children and limited time so I will be wanting to maximise the time I work x

Exactly the same as me there is so many cheap offers around near me at the minute. They are all doing the same things as well like cheap gel polish offers and a lot have started doing hd brows and individual lashes but I just don't want to seem like I've jumped on the band wagon and copying but also they aren't like if you go to a salon. They just turn up in there own clothes rush the treatment then go by the sounds of it.
If you don't mind me asking how are you going to make it more of a spa experience at home caude this sounds like a lovely idea and there is definitely nothing like that near me? x

Firstly not going to rush in rush esp during the first treatments so I can get to know my clients. Be fully uniformed up and as well presented as I would be in a spa. Soft luxurious towels and blankets. Deliver exceptional client care and treatments (I've been in the industry 15 years so I feel my treatments and client care are very strong). Music during facials, lux nail treatments, reflex, massage. Use good products at all times. Offer a full consultation and aftercare chat plus retail. Add value to all treatments where possible - hand massage, foot massage, scalp massage [emoji138]

From a marketing perspective I'm not going to refer to myself as a mobile therapist rather a visiting spa therapist

Firstly not going to rush in rush esp during the first treatments so I can get to know my clients. Be fully uniformed up and as well presented as I would be in a spa. Soft luxurious towels and blankets. Deliver exceptional client care and treatments (I've been in the industry 15 years so I feel my treatments and client care are very strong). Music during facials, lux nail treatments, reflex, massage. Use good products at all times. Offer a full consultation and aftercare chat plus retail. Add value to all treatments where possible - hand massage, foot massage, scalp massage [emoji138]

That sounds like a lovely idea! Will definitely be more worth while! I'm sure people would much prefer someone like that than just a cheaper mobile therapist x

From a marketing perspective I'm not going to refer to myself as a mobile therapist rather a visiting spa therapist

That's a really good idea! Will definitely make you stand out from the rest

Have you considered speaking to a Marketing team? I'm looking to set up my own marketing business specifically for beauty and hair salons but not sure if it would have any take up? Thanks

For the type of money I will be making as a visiting therapist a marketing team would be out of my budget I would think xx

Latest posts

Back