What to charge for lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
I'm currently training in semi permanent lashes and I've got my models that I will do for free however what to charge to cover product etc when training for semi permanent lashes?

Also once qualified what are you charging ?
Thank you x

My daughter trained in March and she did the first few sets free, then she posted an "INTRODUCTORY offer" on Facebook for £20 and was inundated with clients! They all knew she was training but they also knew they were getting a bargain and she was gaining invaluable experience and covering her costs and time. She then upped her price to £25, which she has stuck at as she feels she is still perfecting her technique.

Check with your insurance though because our insurance would only cover her for treatments she had qualified in if she was performing them out of college. That's why she did her first sets free on family and friends for her portfolio to qualify. She only charged after she qualified and had her certificate if that makes sense!

yes it does thank you for your valuable feedback

Il be looking myself on what to charge too, £25 seems very low compared to what some charge. Id research what others charge in your area so your not under cutting your self

Il be looking myself on what to charge too, £25 seems very low compared to what some charge. Id research what others charge in your area so your not under cutting your self

You're right, £25 is very low but she feels it's not really fair to charge what experienced lash techs are charging until she is more experienced. By charging £25 she's attracting lots of willing clients who know it's a temporary price but she's gaining experience as she goes.

I'm currently training in semi permanent lashes and I've got my models that I will do for free however what to charge to cover product etc when training for semi permanent lashes?

Also once qualified what are you charging ?
Thank you x
Research other prices in area if possible a natural set of lashes in my area are about £25 but they are very natural. But if you go into Newcastle they average about £45/60 & thats for Russian volume set

You're right, £25 is very low but she feels it's not really fair to charge what experienced lash techs are charging until she is more experienced. By charging £25 she's attracting lots of willing clients who know it's a temporary price but she's gaining experience as she goes.

I'm interested how long is it taking your daughter to do a full set of lashes?

I did my first 20 sets for free and most people gave me a fiver or something anyway. Then when I felt confident I charged £45 for a full set of classics. I trained 8 years and so I now charge £75 for a full set of classics and for volume lashes £80-£120 depending on what set they have.My infill prices are £30-£50.
If people are paying an introductory offer that's fine but just make sure yo charge your worth once you feel you are good at them. It's easier to put your prices down that to out them up :)

Excellent advise angellina221......
This is a profession - not to be confused with a hobby!

Personally I'd do 15 client's for free.......then straight in at full price.(you can always still practice on your family/friends ;))

Charging £25.00 until your 'good enough'.....when does that ever happen?...when do any of us EVER feel good enough:(.
Do you just wake up one day and say " Hey....today...I'm good enough!"

Trust me when I say, your clients will EXPECT it to stay the same...FOREVER.:oops:
" I alway's pay £25.00........ it's all I've bought with me.......":rolleyes:
You get the picture. :cool:

I'm interested how long is it taking your daughter to do a full set of lashes?

She can do a set of classic lashes in an hour and a half, which even after you deduct the cost of the products used is still more than the hourly rate she could get elsewhere at her age (she's just 17).

I didnt do any of my practice sets for free.. it was £25 straight off the bat (including my case study sets) & went up to £35 when I felt happy.

Im running abussiness & couldnt afford to book out hours in the day for free. 2 clients a day was 3/4 hours worth of time I still paid rent on etc.

It never happened but if someone happened to be unhappy with the final set I would of fixed it/redone it for free xx

Agree with Minkeybox, when I first qualified I never did any for free, even if it was on models, friends or family I still charged a small fee (I think it was £15) and everyone was more than happy to pay this as they were still getting a treatment out of it.

For clients, I did an introductory price of £30 for a 'limited time only' which I later increased to £40, and then eventually to £45 a few months later. It's definitely a good idea to do some research to see what other people are charging in your area, however, don't ever feel like you have to base your prices on anyone else. No matter what others are charging near me, ultimately I charge what I feel the treatment and experience is worth.

Latest posts

Back