What to do with.........?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hiya

As you guys know I recently tried out crushed shell.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=18758

Well when I was at NSI I came across shell sheet. I love the effect the crushed shell gave me, subtle yet different and a little shimmer. So I want to have a play with this crushed shell sheet.
For those of you who haven't come across she sheet I will describe it best I can! It is a very thin layer of shell, that has slight cracks in it (looks similar to crackle glaze!) that is on a self adhesive backing.
http://www.nsinails.co.uk/content/luxuryshellsheetwrap

But as the name of the thread suggests, what the heck do I do with it?
Do I cut it into small shapes? or do I cover a tip with it then overlay?
Any suggestions or pics very much needed and welcome!

Thanks guys!

I havent seen the stuff in real life but to me it suggests you would use it like a foil ~ i.e. over the finished nail then seal with top coat. You might get away with little cut outs under L&P but if you covered the whole nail/ tip then the L&P would be able to bond together. I suppose it depends if the surface of the sheet is porus or if the cracks actually go right through rather than the smooth 'sticker' I am imagining.
I think you should get some and give it a go as I for one would love to see the results.
Sorry ~ bit of waffle but hope it is of some help?
KxXx

The shell is not completely smooth like a foil, but it is quite flexible. I should have asked when I bought the stuff! lol but the lady in the shop was very busy.

Hi jo,

Why don't you ring NSi and ask, surley they have training staff that would be able to help you.

xxxx

Can't believe more of you have not tried this! lol.
Trust me to pick something that I don't know what to do with!
I have e-mailed NSI for some advise, I'll let you know if I get a response.

I just gotta say "thanks" to Vicki (Fingertips ND). She has invited me to join her in going to the NSI open day, tomorrow.
So no doubt there will be more purchasing to be done! And hopefully I will get to see a demo or two! I will ask them to show me what to do with the shell sheet if they have time!
Cheers Vicki

Please dont forget to let us know what to do with it once you have had your lesson.

I think pics & a step-by-step are due for this since nobody seems to know what to do with it! Must admit, I've looked at it & decided not to buy it as I had no idea what to do with it. Just ordered some crushed shells after your pics Jo!

Well I'll look forward to seeing the pics Nic. Crushed shell is lovely, just a little tricky to get the hang of.

Well I had a fab day with Vicki (Fingertips ND) at NSI. Watched some great demos and asked lots of questions. Well I asked about the crushed shell sheets and even the tutors hadn't really used it! lol. (Trust me to be aquard!!) well the lady who had used it ,used a punch to punch shapes out of it then either top coated over or embedded in Gel / L&P. So I suppose the shell shapes have the same effect! I have bought some punches to have a play (I also wanted to try punched out tips). So when I get round to it I will put some piccies up, promise.
Oh and by the way vicki makes a fab tuna butty! thanks chick!

Glad to hear you and Vicki had a great time today but gosh! I cant believe that no-one has actually used this stuff!
Looks like its going to be one of those products that everyone buys then chucks to the back of the cupboard (thats where mine is) ....along with those irritating little laser strands, lol!!!

Well I had a play today with the shell sheet and lets just say.......its pants!! lol.
I was using the white shell sheet, it was practically clear! I punched out a shape using my new punches from QVC! and applied it to my nail applied topcoat and it vertually disappeared!
But here is a pic of the blue shell nails I have done on myself today;

Wow! Your nails look great. I was going to buy some crushed shells too as they look very nice. Is that a purple colour for zone 2 and 3?

Thank you!
I have used blue crushed shell from NSI, it shines green and pink when the light catches it.
I used boogie nights foxy lady from Ezflow for zones 2 & 3. Foxy lady is a pink powder with tiny glitter particles that shine green/gold.
I can see why you thought it was purple, but if you click on the pic it will show a bigger pic, the colour is clearer on that.

Yes i see it more clearly now. Looks great, did you do them yourself?

Latest posts

Back