What would you do here? FB comment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I have today put an ad for a full pedi & Shellac at a special price on my FB business page which I'm delighted to say has resulted in five bookings so far so I'm really pleased.

Someone has commented on my ad saying she gets hers done for £xx which is about £8 less than my offer price and how lovely it is. I wouldn't dream of doing that on someone's page! People amaze me (and make me cross)

Would you leave the comment there? Reply (if so, what?) Hide it? Ban the person who commented? Pm her?

I'm resisting the urge to do anything rash and will sleep on it and hopefully absorb any advice offered here! Thank you [emoji4] x

Just delete it! She'll get the message. I once did a pedi promotion on Facebook and someone (who isn't a client) commented saying "yeah they look good straight after they've been done but go back to normal in a couple of days". She was referring to hard skin treatment but had never had a pedicure off me, don't even know who she was... so I just deleted the comment and never heard from them again :)

Delete it....no need for her to put that really? Some people

I agree @Spandangle theres no need! But people always get brave on Facebook especially when they're bored... just shows they have nothing better to do and forget that Facebook is still real life people and real life business that people work hard for. It's always important to remember that your words will have some kind of effect on someone, especially on Facebook as it's written in black and white for everyone to see and can't easily be taken back!

Delete it or leave it there for people to see what a knob she is.

I once had someone comment that they preferred another’s clients hair for their own- some people just don’t get social media

Delete the comment, ban that person unless they come in the salon regular. There's a good chance we all have Facebook likes from other salon workers, who just like the page to keep an eye on you

Latest posts

Back