where do i begin ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
couldnt think of a descriptive title im sorry !

right as a lot of you know i gave up nails for a little while ..well now its time i get off my bum , and start earning !
but how do i do it all properly ?

my hopes are ...
to possible rent a room in a salon , (i know of one available)
and work from home ,outside of salon hours etc....

where the heck do i start !
i dont have money for the intitial set up , is there anywhere i can get mabey a grant or a loan
i have had a quick look on buisness link ,
will have to look deeper though , im hoping to get a buisness advisor , as im a bit thick ..well no mabey im not thick , ive just never had to do anything like this before ,.
so can anybody point me in the right direction , of the most important things i need to get sorted , before i even begin
i really dont want to fall flat on my face !

thankyou xxxx

Maybe enrol on a business course first, then you might be a little more 'clued' up on general day to day running of your business

Yep, have another look at Business Link or give them a call. Im sure they do some free courses.

go to Vision2learn - Welcome to your e-learning community i am doing their start your own business course and its FREE !! its level 3 course and it has really made me think about how i am approaching my business , it focuses on the strength, weaknesses , threat and oppurtunities or your business and goes into everything , i have been really strict since i started it last week , lol and not given anything away to clinets , lol AND i havent felt guilty about it like a i normally do , lmao !!
i didnt think it would be any goood at first but i seems to be really hwlping me put things in perspective ,
hth dee xxx

when i first went s/e i contacted the princes trust
they give loans and grants to young ppl

Prince's Trust - home

... i didnt actually get a grant with them in the end and used my credit card (naughty chickio :smack: ) once id go some money coming in and i could prove i was earning i would have been able to get a loan from my bank at the time (altho i didnt in the end as i didnt need it by then...lol)

Jess
xox

go to Vision2learn - Welcome to your e-learning community i am doing their start your own business course and its FREE !! its level 3 course and it has really made me think about how i am approaching my business , it focuses on the strength, weaknesses , threat and oppurtunities or your business and goes into everything , i have been really strict since i started it last week , lol and not given anything away to clinets , lol AND i havent felt guilty about it like a i normally do , lmao !!
i didnt think it would be any goood at first but i seems to be really hwlping me put things in perspective ,
hth dee xxx
gutted i just applied for this one , but theres none in my area or no funding or something ....

Deff check out the Princes Trust, I had a £1000 grant from them and also a loan to start my business, you also get a business mentor for 12 months too and i still stay in touch with mine.

i have just applied with princes trust ... oh its all so scary lol

aww i am sorry there isnt any in your area hun , wot a bummer :hug: i will keep my fingers crossed you will get your grant , xxx

I'm doing a Business Link course in couple of weeks!! It is all overwhelming. Think I'll get an accountant to do all my taxes, vat etc...

If you get in touch with business link they will send you on a business course for free, it details all the basics you will need to know about (it is only one day a week for about six weeks), they will also try to get you some funding but be aware that most of it is 50/50 funding so if they give you £1500 for equipment etc they expect you to put the same amount into the business too but it is worth looking into as it may be different for your area.

If you are on benefits they will help you to get set up in self employment ie finding premises etc then they will offer you the chance to test trade with them, basically you run your own business with them holding your hand, you set up a business bank account with them as your co signer and they over see where you spend the monies, you have to see them each fortnight, i know this sounds like a pain in the butt but if you do it this way you can still get your benefits for 6 months and an extra £30 per fortnight, you may get more as you have children, the only drawback to this is that you can not pay yourself a wage from the business while getting benefits, if you speak with an advisor they will explain it all to you probably a lot clearer than i have tried
hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back