Where do I start to become a nail technician?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixelchu

Reaction score
I have an interest in beauty therapy, specifically nails. I was wondering how I can start training and become proficient in manicure and pedicures? I have a degree but I don't really enjoy the area it is in... so thinking of becoming a nail technician. Long term I would love to work in a salon environment.

Please can someone tell me where I need to start?

Many thanks!

I would search for your local training centres and colleges :) where about are you based?

I would search for your local training centres and colleges :) where about are you based?

Thanks for the reply! I am based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. Seems that the college near me doesn't start til September next year which is a pain!

Hmm that's a bit of a pest! Do you have any beauty wholesalers around you? Some do courses.How about doing a few courses individually? Manicure, gel polish, extensions? Xx

Hmm that's a bit of a pest! Do you have any beauty wholesalers around you? Some do courses.How about doing a few courses individually? Manicure, gel polish, extensions? Xx

Thanks, I've been looking around, nearest seems to be Bristol but I'm willing to go there in the meantime before I can start college! Might give me a taste for it!

Thanks, I've been looking around, nearest seems to be Bristol but I'm willing to go there in the meantime before I can start college! Might give me a taste for it!
Yeah it's defo a good idea & will give you an insight into everything. You may also not have to complete certain modules at college if you've already done some training previously :) xx

Creative academy. If you go to the sweet squared website and click on education, then nails, you'll see a list of courses there. A friend did a manicure course elsewhere and then ended up going through sweet squared anyway, their courses are leaps and bounds ahead of many others. I was a complete beginner and they really looked after me.

Latest posts

Back