Which are the best nails to have?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSB BEAUTYQUEEN

Reaction score
I haven't had a set of nails done for years and i'm thinking of having them done. The salon do acrylic, gel, fiberglass and silk so i'm not sure what the difference is and which to have. Any advice would be great. Ta.

The best advice should come from your salon professional - based on your lifestyle and what you want from your nails.

It can be quite off putting when a client walks into the salon adamant as to what they want despite what the technician advises LOL.

The best advice should come from your salon professional - based on your lifestyle and what you want from your nails.

It can be quite off putting when a client walks into the salon adamant as to what they want despite what the technician advises LOL.

I agree with Fiona.

I would always advise a client to go with what their Nail Professional recommends. The person doing your nails should be advising you:
a) what system is best for YOU based on your natural nail condition and your life-style needs, and
b) what that technician is best at!

Force a UV Gel lover to do Liquid & Powder and you might not get her best work. Make an L&P fanatic do Gel and the same will be true.
All quality product systems should give the same great end result, it's the skill level and education of the individual Nail Professional that will determine the quality of your service at the end of the day.

HTH!

P.s. if it were me I'd find my nearest CND Master Technician to ensure the best results.... but then I would say that! ;)

I have been having nail extensions now for 11 years. For the first three, I had Gel nails and then changed salon due to my work location and they only did Silk, so for the last 8 years i've been having silk and imo I think Silks are the "Rolls Royce" of extensions. However, my tutor who teaches Nail Tech, swears by Liquid/Powder.

I think it's probably a matter of personal preference.

X

I think its more about who does them than what they use....a great nail tech using L&P is going to be better than a not so great nail tech using Gel....although granted there are some brands better than others.

Any good nail professional should be able to advise you best upon consultation based on your requirements and lifestyle.

Definitely find out what system your nail technician is most proficient in, but personally I prefer silk over fibreglass. Fibreglass always seemed to be more obvious and "meshy" than silk to me -- although if you always wear colour that won't be a problem.

P.s. if it were me I'd find my nearest CND Master Technician to ensure the best results.... but then I would say that! ;)

How do you find one of these?

How do you find one of these?

Call or email Sweet Squared: Phone: 0845 210 6060 | Email: [email protected]

These lovely people look after all the CND using professionals and will be able to give you a contact in your local area.

Good Luck!

Call or email Sweet Squared: Phone: 0845 210 6060 | Email: [email protected]

These lovely people look after all the CND using professionals and will be able to give you a contact in your local area.

Good Luck!

Thank you! :)

Latest posts

Back