Which Gel System ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christine G

Reaction score
Hiya ,
Just wondering, if there are any of you out there who have used Brisa Gel, and Ez Flow Gel It, which one do you prefer and why. I bought the Gel It from Excel as there was the offer on with the free lamp, but as I use Creatives L+P and Fabric#, ,,,,,,not quite sure wether to sell the Gel It and stick with creative.
Can anyone tell me if there is any significant difference between the two systems, and if you've used the two, is one system easier, or less fiddely than the other?
Many thanks,

Christine.

Hi Christine,
I am sure you will get lots of different opinions on this one lol, I have not used Brisa so can't comment on it. I do use Gel It now and find it a dream to work with, The one feature that as me hooked on it is its strength, I have had no problems with cracking, Lifting etc.
I understand that if you are using products from one company you may feel disloyal to use something else from an other company and thats fine. I use both Cnd and Ez-flow and that works just fine for me.
Hths

Christine G said:
Hiya ,
Just wondering, if there are any of you out there who have used Brisa Gel, and Ez Flow Gel It, which one do you prefer and why. I bought the Gel It from Excel as there was the offer on with the free lamp, but as I use Creatives L+P and Fabric#, ,,,,,,not quite sure wether to sell the Gel It and stick with creative.
Can anyone tell me if there is any significant difference between the two systems, and if you've used the two, is one system easier, or less fiddely than the other?
Many thanks,

Christine.

hiya christine...i have pm'd you xxx

Christine G said:
Hiya ,
Many thanks,

Christine.
hi ya ive just signed up here and would like to know what you think about bio sculpured gels ?

I've been a gel user for the past 3+ years. I've looked to update my brand and was toying between Brisa and Gel It, so I went to Olympia to have a demo of each, So here are my personal findings.

Regards strength they seem pretty similar although the gel it seems a little more flexible than the Brisa, so I think the Brisa has a very slight advantage.

The Gel IT offer more colour possibilities at the moment, although the Brisa wins hands down for the brightness of their white sculpting gel. The finishing gloss gels both give a really high shine.

The Gel it sculpting gel does look more fluid than the Brisa, but then not sure if it is too fluid and would flood down the form (it's a shame that at the shows the exhibitors don't have a "try me" area, where with guidance you can actually feel how the products perform, after all the experts always make it look easy)

However I decided to go for Brisa for the following reasons ...

I didn't like the fact that the Gel it lamp didn't have an in built timer, I've had one before and it was a pain in the arse (JMHO)

The Brisa lamp has an indicator to say when the bulbs need replacing and you never really know if you are replacing too early or too late.

They sell Brisa in larger size pots which are more economical.

I didn't like the use of an acid primer with the Gel it, but again this is a personal decision.

All in all it wasn't an easy choice to make, especially as EZ Flow have a free lamp offer on, but I had to make my choice based on what was best for me long term rather than short term offers. And what was best for me may not be best for you, but hope this helps.

Sassy Hassy said:
I've been a gel user for the past 3+ years. I've looked to update my brand and was toying between Brisa and Gel It, so I went to Olympia to have a demo of each, So here are my personal findings.

Regards strength they seem pretty similar although the gel it seems a little more flexible than the Brisa, so I think the Brisa has a very slight advantage.

The Gel IT offer more colour possibilities at the moment, although the Brisa wins hands down for the brightness of their white sculpting gel. The finishing gloss gels both give a really high shine.

The Gel it sculpting gel does look more fluid than the Brisa, but then not sure if it is too fluid and would flood down the form (it's a shame that at the shows the exhibitors don't have a "try me" area, where with guidance you can actually feel how the products perform, after all the experts always make it look easy)

However I decided to go for Brisa for the following reasons ...

I didn't like the fact that the Gel it lamp didn't have an in built timer, I've had one before and it was a pain in the arse (JMHO)

The Brisa lamp has an indicator to say when the bulbs need replacing and you never really know if you are replacing too early or too late.

They sell Brisa in larger size pots which are more economical.

I didn't like the use of an acid primer with the Gel it, but again this is a personal decision.

All in all it wasn't an easy choice to make, especially as EZ Flow have a free lamp offer on, but I had to make my choice based on what was best for me long term rather than short term offers. And what was best for me may not be best for you, but hope this helps.

I agree on all those points xxxx

hi,
again i cant comment on brisa,
and being a l&p gal at heart i actually love gel it,
i have had no breakages which has really impressed me as i wear my nails quite long, i have had edge it and clear it on now for 2 plus weeks so far no lifting at all, no cracks,
the thing i like best is if you are used to the ezflow prep steps for l&p then it is exactly the same for gel it, simple.
gel it is so easy to file as well.
i have had 2 ladies have gel it on, one over enhancements and one over natural nails both with no problems, finish it goes down a treat as well.(£££).

there have been some very popular threads re the new gel it have alook and see for yourself what other tecs think!
Christine G said:
Hiya ,
Many thanks,

Christine.

ruth hawkins said:
hi ya ive just signed up here and would like to know what you think about bio sculpured gels ?

Hi Ruth

Do you mean what do we think of biosculpture or what do we think of biosculpture as a sculpted nail?

Personally i love biosculpture and i find it unbeatable for natural overlays i love the extensive range of colours, the flexibility, ease of removal. Basically i just love it!

Sculpting with Biosculpture: i can but i chose not too... personally i don't like the colour of the sculpting gel and if i am going to sculpt i will use L+P or gel.

HTH

Latest posts

Back