Which gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay Hudson

Reaction score
Hi, I'm newly qualified and just starting out after a little advice. I can't decide what gel brand to go for, what is magpie like? Or is the best gelish? Advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Hi
Depends whether you mean a gel (extension product for building strength & structure) or gel polish (uv cured colour but much less strength and not suitable for tips unless over acrylic or gel)
So ... which did you mean :) ?

Hi, I'm newly qualified and just starting out after a little advice. I can't decide what gel brand to go for, what is magpie like? Or is the best gelish? Advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
Hi
Depends whether you mean a gel (extension product for building strength & structure) or gel polish (uv cured colour but much less strength and not suitable for tips unless over acrylic or gel)
So ... which did you mean :) ?

Sorry I meant gel polish. What would u recommend?

Did you train with a particular brand?

I've tried a load of brands, mainly because I enjoy it. If there are any particular brands you're interested in, try going to a exhibition show where you can actually see them in real life, ask questions and probably give you a demo.

Sorry to jump on your post! I can't seem to work out how to create my own chat! New here! Lol.. I'm looking at tips and advice to create the perfect shellac French manicure without using a stencil please xx

Sorry to jump on your post! I can't seem to work out how to create my own chat! New here! Lol.. I'm looking at tips and advice to create the perfect shellac French manicure without using a stencil please xx
Hi and welcome :)
First select your forum - Nails if you're a professional and Ask A Pro if you're not ... then click on the three dots on the top right of your screen (presuming phone) and one of those will be New Topic. You'll have more success starting your own thread. (Did you know there's also a search function on the site that might pull up some replies immediately) x

Ah thanks that's been a great help! [emoji106][emoji5]️

Did you train with a particular brand?

I've tried a load of brands, mainly because I enjoy it. If there are any particular brands you're interested in, try going to a exhibition show where you can actually see them in real life, ask questions and probably give you a demo.
Can I ask which you went with in the end? X x

Gelish is great for a lasting manicure as it's 100% gel, however removal can be a pain and it's expensive @ £23 a polish. I use ink, which is £8 a bottle, easy removal but I find it doesn't last as long, particularly those who are not that careful with their nails. Their brand and products are growing! My friend has used magpie and recommends it! Try a few [emoji4]

Can I ask which you went with in the end? X x

For my clients I use Shellac and Ink London, on myself I experience a lot lol as I don't have the correct lamp for brands such as Gel II, Gelish,I just play with them on pops or myself as I don't want to overexpose my clients. I've also tried Magpie, Madam Glam, Gellux, Gelaze, O'Nine, Crystal Nails, LeChat and IBD :)

Lol so out of the lot you have tried cnd and ink are yoir favourite x x

I use cuccio veneer as my main line.. with madam glam

Latest posts

Back