Which hand do you hold the hair dryer in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay Foster

Reaction score
Ok when blowdrying hair which hand do you hold the hairdryer in? If right handed should the brush be in right and the dryer be in left?

I'm right handed and hold the dryer in my right hand. But it's whatever is comfortable really

I hold my hairdryer in my right hand and brush in left. I'm right handed. But I taught myself to be able to switch so I feel comfortable switching my dryer and brush now! X

Right handed , I hold dryer with left hand but can do both x

Newly qualified - right hand and I REALLY struggle holding it the other way even though I'm right handed!!!

Newly qualified - right hand and I REALLY struggle holding it the other way even though I'm right handed!!!
Yeah me too, i right handed and heard it's best to hold brush in right but can I? Nope it doesn't feel right but struggling with blows, there ok. But not really good and smooth so thought maybe I'm holding it wrong!! X

Same as the above.
Im right handed & hold dryer in right hand.
Ive tried and tried to hold dryer in left and brush in right it just aint happening

This is so funny I've never thought of this! I'm right handed and mainly hold in my right but switch it over depending where I'm standing/angle ect

This is so funny I've never thought of this! I'm right handed and mainly hold in my right but switch it over depending where I'm standing/angle ect
I can't swap and change! I'm useless haha my left hand just dies when hold the hairdryer in it and end up burning myself haha x

I'm right handed but hold dryer mostly with left hand, brush in right. But can use either, as above swap about depending what I'm doing.

I thought all right handed hairdressers hold brush in right hand , dryer in left !

I use both depending on what I'm doing but I'm more secure holding the brush in my left hand.

Any tips for getting my zombie left hand to use and hairdryer?!

Any tips for getting my zombie left hand to use and hairdryer?!
Lots of practise! I used to tell some of my clients I was trying to train myself in switching hands so don't worry if I look abit odd lol didn't take very long until I got the hang of it! It's very handy if you can do it! X

I switch as I move around the clients head. Hairdryer is always nearest the front of the client so if I'm working on the right side of her head it's in my right with brush in left and vice versa. This is the way I was taught when I trained so it's stuck.

I hope so dryer in the left & my brush in the right and I'm right handed.

Right and right handed

Latest posts

Back