Which insurance do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curls

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I've just invested in a Boots Smooth Skin IPL (intense pulse light) hair reduction machine. I have a lot of customer interest in it and the write ups are positive.

However, I am unsure as to which insurance I need to keep myself and my business covered. Can anyone help? I currenlty hold the Guild insurance but am unsure if this will cover IPL therapy, even if it is a 'home' system rather than a salon system.

Any advice is welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Hayley

Hi Hayley,

even if it is a 'home' system rather than a salon system
I'm not sure what you mean by 'home' system? If you want to introduce any service and practice it on the general public you'll need to be trained and insured.

No insurance company will cover you if you haven't been trained and achieved a recognised certificate/diploma. If you have been trained then simply give your insurance company a call and ask them if you're covered:)

HTH
Jes

Hi Hayley,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'home' system? If you want to introduce any service and practice it on the general public you'll need to be trained and insured.

No insurance company will cover you if you haven't been trained and achieved a recognised certificate/diploma. If you have been trained then simply give your insurance company a call and ask them if you're covered:)

HTH
Jes

yup - would agree with that for sure - we would cover it if you tick the boxes though :)

Latest posts

Back