Which is stronger-a wooden or aluminium beauty couch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngieG

Reaction score
Hi Geeks.

Firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong forum and secondly, I know there are loads of threads on Beauty Couches, which I have read but I've not found my answer.

I'm shortly doing my SP EE course and like everyone else, I'm looking for the perfect couch.

I'd like it to fold away, I'm not planning in doing mobile so I'm not bothered on how heavy it is, it needs to be comfy, height adjustable with a reclining back and one which I can get my legs under. The only suitable ones I've seen are wooden.... This did put me off as I didn't think they looked very sturdy but from what I've read on here they seem to be popular.

Are they really strong?? Can anyone recommend a particular one or are they just the Feel Good UK couches or he ones from eBay? Don't want to spend more than £120 if poss.

Sorry And thanks :)

I got mine off eBay and it's a very strong sturdy one it's 18kg and black. It was 65.95 meant to be.119.00 and it must be.popular because it has sold over 2000 :) x

Sent from my V370 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got mine off eBay and it's a very strong sturdy one it's 18kg and black. It was 65.95 meant to be.119.00 and it must be.popular because it has sold over 2000 :) x

Thank you! Is it either of these? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381653032.577285.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381653043.998486.jpg

The purple one claims to be 17kg and extra big...??!

I would advise the aluminium as it's lighter and just as strong I've had many portable couches and the feel good one is the best so far

I would advise the aluminium as it's lighter and just as strong I've had many portable couches and the feel good one is the best so far

Thanks Bonkers. I'm not worried about how heavy it is really, just which is stronger and maybe which is bigger... Is yours the TM04? As this was my original first choice...ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381654290.119920.jpg

This is so confusing!

It's like the.black I have and it's a wide one x

It's like the.black I have and it's a wide one x

Thank you! Don't suppose you could message me the seller please and I'll try and track them down?x

I personally prefer the wooden beds,more natural,less industrial looking.i bought one about 3-4 yrs ago off eBay and it's still going strong!

Look at the couches you use on your course.They maybe just what you need.

Look at the couches you use on your course.They maybe just what you need.

The course is one to one in a salon and I think they have the electric ones....but I need it to be folded away occasionally.... Which is why I'm not too worried about how heavy it is. Just want it to be comfy for both the client and me :)

I got mine very recently off eBay. It's a monarch reiki/ massage table (so you can get your legs under it). It's really strong and the padding is 7cm unlike many of the tables on eBay with 4cm padding. It is sooooo comfortable and it cost £90. Definitely recommend it!

Forgot to say its a wide one too

Toyplanet-today the seller is x

Yes that's the one I would advise. I do a lot of training in salons and I've found a lot of couches really uncomfortable and done that you can't actually get your legs under this can stop you doing a treatment properly. I've had a few couches and this one is by far the best portable one I've found.

Thanks Bonkers. I'm not worried about how heavy it is really, just which is stronger and maybe which is bigger... Is yours the TM04? As this was my original first choice...View attachment 45182

This is so confusing!

I'm mobile and I have the TM04. My clients say it's really comfy and love the fact that it's purple and it's easy to carry because it's aluminium. Xx

I'm mobile and I have the TM04. My clients say it's really comfy and love the fact that it's purple and it's easy to carry because it's aluminium. Xx

Can you get your legs under?x

Latest posts

Back