Which is your favorite gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandaNailedIt

Reaction score
I want to stop buying several brands. I find CND Shellac to be a bit thin, OPI to be a bit thick, Gel Pro, I only have one so I'm not a good judge. What do you think??

OPI... I'm an OPI girl.

Try Ink London. Very cheap, good quality, and they do a trial pack.

Harmony Gelish is amazin, I think :)

Gelish all the way

Gelish for me x

Started with Gelish but recently moved to Ink London and am loving it!

From the formulation and materials used, good nail products are very expensive to produce. If this is true, why so many nail brands? Simple, the packaging looks good but the actual product itself isn't.

For example, many people tend to get chipping within 2 weeks of wearing show shellac. Thats not a bad thing. Chipping is a sign of easy removal. If you look at other gel polishes, they tend to become extremely hard to remove after 2-3 weeks.

Shellac is my favorite brand.

From the formulation and materials used, good nail products are very expensive to produce. If this is true, why so many nail brands? Simple, the packaging looks good but the actual product itself isn't.

For example, many people tend to get chipping within 2 weeks of wearing show shellac. Thats not a bad thing. Chipping is a sign of easy removal. If you look at other gel polishes, they tend to become extremely hard to remove after 2-3 weeks.

Shellac is my favorite brand.

Chipping is not a sign of easy removal. Not sure where you have got your information from.

Chipping is not a sign of easy removal. Not sure where you have got your information from.

Actually, it is :p. Shellac is very prone to chipping. Ask anybodies. Again, not a bad thing as long as it's after 14 days.

Last edited:
Actually, it is :p. Shellac is very prone to chipping. Ask anybodies. Again, not a bad thing as long as it's after 14 days.
Shellac will sometimes chip on weaker nails
However the same Shellac on very strong nails will rarely or never chip
Chipping in itself is not simply a sign of easy removal, it's not as straightforward as that

Shellac will sometimes chip on weaker nails
However the same Shellac on very strong nails will rarely or never chip
Chipping in itself is not simply a sign of easy removal, it's not as straightforward as that

We are going to put aside improper cleaning, preparation, and thin nails as a factors of chipping. Those are a given.

Shellac has been carefully formulated to stay on for 2 weeks. Any longer than that is just icing on the cake. After this time period it is fair game. You cannot say the same for other gel polishes. Chipping could be due to a whole host of things. Some gels can stay on for a whole month, which is quite ridiculous. Some stay on for a couple of days. These gels arnt formulated to break down in two weeks time, which again, is why shellac tends to chip. Hence, the explanation for chipping as a sign of easy removal(for shellac).

Last edited:
Try Ink London. Very cheap, good quality, and they do a trial pack.
With ink london being a hybrid nail colour is this as wrong as other gel polish brands

I use cnd shellac on my easier clients (if their nails are strong). Opi for the more difficult ones. Opi takes a lot longer to soak off than shellac. And I always top with opi top coat. I always use cnd base, shellac and top on a gel pedicure so I don't have to file to break the seal and it soaks off in 5 minutes.

cuccio veneer & madam glam

I use Cuccio veneer and the gel bottle however at the moment i wouldn't recommend either. Gel polishes are great but Cuccio lamps aren't and TGB customer service is bad

hun I've used veneer with the sun6 (check it out) lamp and its worked amazing..
I also have the pro 5 by cucvio which also works well..

I use Cuccio veneer and the gel bottle however at the moment i wouldn't recommend either. Gel polishes are great but Cuccio lamps aren't and TGB customer service is bad

Latest posts

Back