Which products sell the most?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki201

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently working in a room within a hairdressers and in the next few weeks i will be renting the room and going it alone!! :eek: scary stuff! The thing is.. my boss doesnt and has never really bought in retail products to sell i.e skincare etc.. I really want to start selling as i know the profit can be good.. I use ilcsi facial products which have a short shelf life due to them being natural, organic and less preservatives etc so im reluctant to buy in a whole range to sell as it might be a waste of money if people do not want to buy them.. I dont really get a lot of facials.. I mostly get waxing (around 80%), manicures, eyelash extensions and tanning do any of you geeks out there know what retail products might be beneficial for me to buy in? :confused: Thanks!

Waxing - something like aloe vera/exfoliator to use after waxing
Manicures -the colours of polish you use so they can "top up"/top coat/nail oil (e.g. solar oil)/handcream

Skintruth retail sizes of Cleanser, Toner, Light Day Cream sell well. I stock the 'soothing' range as it suits almost everyone.
Also their Polish Remover and hand scrub are good products at a reasonable price.
HTHs:hug:

moor spa also do good retail ranges. skin packs and cleansers and toners at reasonable prices and its lovely to work with give them a call they are really lovely people to work with. ring 01825 762658 and ask to speak to Dee or Joe

hiya guys thanks for all your advice xx

The best way to sell products is to use them on your client during her treatment and tell her the benefits of them.

When I carry out a nail treatment I never let my client leave without explaining to her how important solar oil is and a good non acetone remover should be used for her natural nails and how the super shiney top coat will prolong her manicure etc.

The main thing IMO is to be confident with the products you choose... if you believe in them yourself, you'll sell them no problem

Good luck:hug:

The best sellers in our salon are
nail varnishes
nail files
Nailtiques formula 2 (a strengthener for weak, flaky nails)
Afterwax lotion/ aloe vera
Moisturiser for dry skin (Monu range)
Tea tree skinwash (Australian Bodycare range)
Lip balms

Good luck whatever you decide to go for :)

hey ye I see what you mean about being confident in the products, I was thinking of buying in some solar oil and also I use nail magic nail strengthener which I love and loads if clients suffer from brittle nails so i guess that makes sense to buy some of that in, I have heard of the Australian body care range so is it any good? Whats the best thing for ingrown hairs? I get some clients who suffer from them even after following my advice to exfoliate the area etc.. thanks :hug:

Nail Polishes are really popular, if you get a really nice looking stand that's eye catching and things like nail treatments and mini sets as a till display, they'll go really well.
Most companies do seasonal promo's of current fashion colours.
I always try to see it from my own point of vie, what attracts me to a product, quite often appearance is very important, that's why companies spend so much on developing packaging, so make sure it looks good, there's also some great looking products that work great too!
Good Luck. xx

Latest posts

Back