Which Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
You may already know this, as I am sure I have mentioned it in other threads, but I currently use Star Nails products but I am not sure if I want to stick with them. Although I guess they are resonably priced I'm just not sure about the quality. How many of you guys have used thier products? How did yiu find them?

I see that a lot of you use Creative, Ez Flow, Calgel, Ibd all the big names. I know that you have to train with them i n order to use thier products but I JUST CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!!!!!!!! Are there any other brands that I can use that are of good quality, don't cost the earth and that I don't have to be trained in to use.
What about tips? Are there any reasonably priced tips out there?

It's only the L&P that you can't buy from Creative. You can still buy all the files, tips, lotions etc.

if you do a conversion course it's really cost effective as you pay for the products and the training is included in the price.
i think that's right, someone will surely correct me if that info is wrong :o
why not contact some of the 'bigger names' and ask for information, info costs nothing and you could be surprised :)

Sorry ladies but I am new to this game. What is L&P?

I understand you cant afford it, but wont it be worth it in the end if you saved up and done training with one of these companies. If not as said above you can still purchase other quality stuff without being trained with creative. I can only speak for creative but the tips, files, glue and prep stuff are brilliant. There will be other geeks on here who can tell you more about other stuff. L&P is liquid and powder

andrelax said:

L&p stands for liquid and powder ;)

There are an awful lot of companies that sell nail products nowadays, It like anything in life you will get what you pay for.
If your a fully qualified tech you do not need to do any course to buy products of the top companies the only exception being Creative L&p, But if this is your choice than you only pay for a conversion course which is the cost of a kit :D

andrelax said:
its liquid and powder, as in acrylic.

There are a few websites, overhere in the Netherlands, where they sell Creative L&P to about anyone who's willing to pay. I just don't know if they ship to foreign countries, but it woulnd't hurt asking now, would it? E.g. www.nailsonly.nl

Yep... training does cost money but it also improves your level of skill, time taken, and range of services you can offer thus making you more money!!!

Training is progression and essential for us nail geeks especially if we want to be taken seriously as PROFESSIONALS...

Speculate to accumulate and all that!!!

Why not ask for some early Xmas prezzies and treat yourself to a conversion and quality products.

Roosmarijn said:
There are a few websites, overhere in the Netherlands, where they sell Creative L&P to about anyone who's willing to pay. I just don't know if they ship to foreign countries, but it woulnd't hurt asking now, would it? E.g. www.nailsonly.nl
if they ship monomer illegally then there are huge fines to pay, there are a few threads about shipping monomer. If they sell L+P to untrained techs then they're not following the 'ethos' that CND stand by.

it makes sense to get trained by the company whose products you wish to use, irrespective as to which one it is. finding out info from each company would be the best place to start, with the facts in hand you can then make a balanced decision.
hth's x

As Lell has said most companies sell to qualified techs, its only Creative that I know of that you cannot buy L&P without their training.
I may be biased but Ezflow are a great company for L&P.
Huge range of colours and glitters.
Great prep tools, files, forms & tips.
This is just my opinion and everyone has their own too. Why dont you try out some small try me kits.
All of the big names do them;
Creative
Ezflow
NSI
Ceasars Secrets
Young Nails
etc

yep alot of companies sell l&p to qualified nail technicians...but what i would say which ever company you buy from by NOT doing their conversion course you will not benefit wholey from that product.
you may get good results but not great results..the whole point of doing a conversion is to gain the best knowledge and usage of the specific product.
like others have said buy try me kits from different companies which ever one you like working with then do the conversion...as well as learning to use that product to the best of its ability you will also benfit from the companies back up and help.
hth

Does anyone use IBD GEL. Whats it like?

ValencianNails said:
if you do a conversion course it's really cost effective as you pay for the products and the training is included in the price.
i think that's right, someone will surely correct me if that info is wrong :o
why not contact some of the 'bigger names' and ask for information, info costs nothing and you could be surprised :)
The creative conversion course is £111 and you seem to get a hell of a lot for your money. It says in the covering letter that you get enough to do about 30 treatments and the cost of the course will be covered by doing 4 full sets of acrylic. I suppose the products you get are to practise with but its still not expensive and you get to buy creative products.

I use star, Im not ashamed of it, I dont think they're as bad as some I can mention. A certain company I know of sells 45g pots of powder for £8!!!

I think star is great for people starting off, they can give you your skills and knowledge of nails and then if you want to move onto better products you can do a conversion. Ive been happy with what Ive learnt from star and Ive always been quick to defend them but them I was lucky enough to have an amazing trainer. Now Im doing my NVQ and then a conversion to EZflow to prepare me to start working. It all depends on what you want to acheive.

Latest posts

Back