Which skincare brand is best for facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladypenels

Reaction score
Hi everyone, (first post of probably many!)
Ok so, I opened a beauty salon in August 2016 and met with Elemis, Decleor and Espa. I love Elemis but it was so expensive and I didn't know what our target was goong to be and demand for facials, I am now at a point where I NEED to get a skincare range in but I have no clue. I know it's all personal preference, but I would appreciate if you could give me your views no matter what they are!
If you could tell me what you use and prices on start up etc that would be great!

Also if anyone knows of any mid range products that I could start with?
I'm just worried about price and value!

Any tips and advice on anything would be amazing!

TIA x

Hi everyone, (first post of probably many!)
Ok so, I opened a beauty salon in August 2016 and met with Elemis, Decleor and Espa. I love Elemis but it was so expensive and I didn't know what our target was goong to be and demand for facials, I am now at a point where I NEED to get a skincare range in but I have no clue. I know it's all personal preference, but I would appreciate if you could give me your views no matter what they are!
If you could tell me what you use and prices on start up etc that would be great!

Also if anyone knows of any mid range products that I could start with?
I'm just worried about price and value!

Any tips and advice on anything would be amazing!

TIA x

I really struggled with this when I first opened and made a massive mistake, as I have mentioned in previous posts. I bought into Dermalogica and it didn't go too well, we get people in for it.
But it was not working as well as I had hoped as so many other salons, were using this brand and to
be honest I wasn't 100% in love with the brand, I was short of time and took
the safest option, what we used at college. We took on Decleor in August and I love it my therapists love it so my clients love it, because we naturally sell it! My golden rule now in my business, is only use products and brands that you 100% love and use yourself. I know it's a lot of money to get a skincare brand in the salon but I do believe it
Is important and if it's done right you will get your return and give your salon a reputation for holding good brands with good reputations, and they have the money to advertise their products for you, so know the brand.
What skincare brand do you use at home ? Maybe start with that. Hope any of that helps. Xx

I think your best off waiting to look into going to professional beauty in Feb. Start now by looking into some of the brands you might consider through exhibition plan and ask about opening offers. xoxo

I'm another Decleor-devotee, but as the previous poster said, its best to go with a brand that you and your staff can fall in love with. Its also important to pick a brand that sits well with the market you are targeting, but I suspect you already know that!

I would do as suggested above - go to the trade show and speak to the various companies about their product offering, their training (and whether it costs), what sort of retail and marketing support you get (bags, leaflets etc), whether you get ongoing rep support, and so forth.

It's not going to help much, but agree with the above. Don't "make do". It could be an expensive mistake.

Where do you want to pitch yourself in the facials market? Do you see yourself offering lovely indulgent facials with massagey type treatments or using products with machines? Do you want to push the boundarys of skincare or just do a few facials?

I took on thalgo in my then home salon, many years ago with a fairly hefty opening order. I don't know why I chose thalgo and couldn't tell you what made it any better than otc products. Then I took on environ and I haven't looked back. I absolutely love the brand and can sell a hell of a lot per week. Horses for courses x

My Favourites are espa, medik8 and obagi. Non of them are cheap but they get a great response. You have to chose a product you believe in otherwise the client won't believe in it either xx

When I first opened my salon last year I didn't invest in a skincare line I was only using kaeso, they are cheap and wonderful I also retail it but to be honest I was getting a lot of clients that wanted a result driven facials and kaeso just wasn't cutting it anymore so I looked around and found Image skincare they are a cosmeceuticals brand and very expensive opening order but the results are amazing they also do peels and I am in love with them they will be at the beauty show in February so do try their samples to see if they work for you.

I use both Matis Paris (spa brand) and Medik8 as the cosmeceutical brand.

Matis is high end prices for the public to buy £60 + a moisturiser but is a true luxury product and opening order £1000 I think

And Medik8 is brilliantly priced at like £29/£40 a moisturiser n sells really well in our clinic. Opening order is only £300.

Check out a company called skin brands they are stockists of loads of different skincare brands and opening orders are low and still amazing products !

Hope that helps x

My beautician uses spa find. I love it and she swears by it.

Latest posts

Back