Which spot treatments actually work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal

Reaction score
Hi all

At the moment I am getting quite a few spots on my chin - they all get squeezed because I just can't leave them alone! However I know that I am picking at them too much and causing scarring. I have freckles which help to hide marks but I want to stop picking!

Do any of you have a tried and trusted spot treatment that you can recommend to me?

I'd preferably like one that you apply when a spot first starts to appear, to prevent it from getting to that stage when it's ready to squeeze!

Thanks in advance x

Hi there
Go to your chemist and ask them, my daughter suffers from spots at the moment and she recommended benzyl peroxide 2.5 it does come in stronger strengths, so far my daughter is very impressed with it.,

Deb379

Sal said:
Hi all

At the moment I am getting quite a few spots on my chin - they all get squeezed because I just can't leave them alone! However I know that I am picking at them too much and causing scarring. I have freckles which help to hide marks but I want to stop picking!

Do any of you have a tried and trusted spot treatment that you can recommend to me?

I'd preferably like one that you apply when a spot first starts to appear, to prevent it from getting to that stage when it's ready to squeeze!

Thanks in advance x

Have you tried Clinique's Blemish Gel? I think that's the name of it - A friend loaned me hers a while ago and it definitely cleared them up double-quick and also prevented one that was definitely planning on taking centre stage across my chin - nice :(.

Quinoderm 10mg also has Benzolin peroxide. they do a 5mg but i found the 10 cleared mine up in a day or two

clinique blemish gel is the business also liz earle cleanse and polish - don't get half as many spots since using this.

nik said:
clinique blemish gel is the business also liz earle cleanse and polish - don't get half as many spots since using this.

That's really true Nikkie - I recently started up with my Eve Lom Cleanser which is the same principle (with the muslin cloth) and I have to agree, it does help to prevent those blemishes creeping up on you.

Hollyballoo said:
That's really true Nikkie - I recently started up with my Eve Lom Cleanser which is the same principle (with the muslin cloth) and I have to agree, it does help to prevent those blemishes creeping up on you.

Can't afford cleansers at the higher priced end of the market unfortunately ladies, closest I get to them is drooling over them during my regular window shopping trips to Space NK!!! As soon as I can afford I will definitely use them.

Thanks for all the tips so far. I did have the clinique blemish treatment a couple of years ago and did rate it so maybe thats the one to try now. Although the creams from the chemists might be cheaper.

Keep the recommendations coming xxx

Blimey I remember using Quinoderm on my spots when I was a teenager!!

the best thing to use is pure tea tree oil!!

michelle-d said:
the best thing to use is pure tea tree oil!!

I was wondering about this - and it's nice and cheap from Superdrug!

i found when i used tea tree oil it aggravated mine and made them worse! I have very sensitive skin though :rolleyes: have to watch everything i put on mine, Quiniderms only about £2.

nailfairy said:
i found when i used tea tree oil it aggravated mine and made them worse! I have very sensitive skin though :rolleyes: have to watch everything i put on mine, Quiniderms only about £2.

Thanks Nailfairy, I think I'll go to the chemist tomorrow and ask about Quinoderm.

Hiya sally

Hive of Beauty Spot on Blemish Gel, it's fab, herman has used it!!!!!!! We stock it too!!!!
pm me if you need any info

Amanda

Hi

dermalogica special clearing booster

hiya , quinoderm is very good but just a word of warning, it does say this on the instructions but i didn't bother to read it....it will bleach your towels...i had a brand new set of towels and flannels and didn't rinse my hands properly after using wiped my hands and thought nothing more, then a few hours later i noticed bleach marks on my lovely new towel and still didn't make the connection. A week later after washing all my towels every single one apart from the bath towels had bleach marks on. ruined.......my own fault.

xxx

oh also, sorry i forgot this, i will probably get screamed at here but i once read that a famous person used nail varnish remover on her spots and they cleared up, so i had a second head appearing on my chin and went to grab my nail varnish remover but grabbed my scrub freah instead, i used a little on a cotton bud and went to bed, next day completely gone !!! now when ever i feel a monster attack thats what i use. SCRUB FRESH..... ok you can all scream at me know ..... he he xxx

amberrose said:
hiya , quinoderm is very good but just a word of warning, it does say this on the instructions but i didn't bother to read it....it will bleach your towels...i had a brand new set of towels and flannels and didn't rinse my hands properly after using wiped my hands and thought nothing more, then a few hours later i noticed bleach marks on my lovely new towel and still didn't make the connection. A week later after washing all my towels every single one apart from the bath towels had bleach marks on. ruined.......my own fault.

xxx

OMG, if it bleaches your towels what on earth does it do to your skin???

Amanda

my thoughts exactly !!!!

Tea Tree also for me. The Australian Body care range.

Its marvellous, one of those things i always have in the cupboard and take away on hols etc - fab for sunburn.

I've just started using the Biore range so will let you know how I get on. The Warming Blackhead Cleanser is fabby and leaves your skin feeling very clean, but too soon to tell how well they will work in the long run.
Might have to try out that Scrubfresh trick...
I find most of my spots, esp in the chin area, are from hormones when my period is due, so remembering to take some evening primrose oil in the week running up to it helps.
Still have quite a blotchy/patchy forehead though and I don't know why.... it's not even like I have a fringe anymore!!

Latest posts

Back