Which way do you pre pig?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Just wondering what way do people find better to pre pig iv always been taught with mixtones and morally use perfecton but iv seen on here people using tint to do it and what's the rule with that is it pre pig with one shade lighter? Do you find that better ? X

I was taught to use Perfecton but have also used Wella's Colour Touch range too for pre pigging

Iv seen people using colour touch so how would you pre pig with that do you use a shade lighter x

I use igora royal mostly. But I usually pre pig with the permanent color, 2 shades lighter in the tone of the underlying pigment I'm going to. I've played around with wella just on friends mostly, and would do the same with their permanent color line. Sorry can't remember what's it's called.

Koleston is their permanent so if I was taking say a level 10 to a level 4 I could pre pig with 6.4(4 is red) ? Am I getting that right x

Igora expert mouse is the best and the quickest as you put the colour directly on top no washing inbetween :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi iv tried mousses before too I do like them for quickness as with the perfecton I was just wondering how many people do it with tints and why they prefer that way :) I think il stick to the way iv been doing it that seems to be quicker xx

Have you tried the affinage pre pig is it any good as looks like it would save time xx

Wella advise using mixtone with warm water to pre pig. Leave it on for 10 mins, blot dry then apply target colour on top.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wella advise using mixtone with warm water to pre pig. Leave it on for 10 mins, blot dry then apply target colour on top.

This is the way iv done it but just wondering why and when people would use the colour touch to pre pig does it cover better etc or is it just their preferred way x

Yes using koleston 6.4 would be the same as what I use in igora. Having said that, that is what igora says to do for pre pig. I haven't been trained in wella colors.

Hi what is the mixing ratio? X

6cm of mixtone with 60mls warm water.

Last week at college out lecturer told us that Wella have told them to pre pig with colour touch now instead of perfecton etc. But the lecturer told us to try and find what is best for us. I like to pre pig with colour fresh

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

If you mix Color touch with water it stains the hair so you can see pigment staining the hair.

If your mix permanent or koleston with water it is a clear liquid, as it has to have peroxide to oxidise, so essentially it's like working blind until your end result.

If you mix Color touch with water it stains the hair so you can see pigment staining the hair.

If your mix permanent or koleston with water it is a clear liquid, as it has to have peroxide to oxidise, so essentially it's like working blind until your end result.

That's what I like with perfecton I'm going to give it a try with colour touch and see if I notice it being better thanks for all the replies ;) x

Have you tried the affinage pre pig is it any good as looks like it would save time xx

I use this and I've been pleased with it, it's great if you need to pre-pig hair in foils because you can apply it and then put desired colour straight over.

Im loreal and would love some more info of pre pig at the same time as the colour as it can be long winded by puttin the semi on, washing it, drying it, applying the tint, washing it again bla bla bla

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back