white smiles-cloudy and dull

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi everyone

i have my foundation exam in two weeks and everything is going well, i cant do a full set of p&w's in 2.5 hrs and im pretty pleased with them

one question though! my smile lines are pretty straight and nice shape but when i file them some of them go cloudy, and uneven in colour. i hope this makes sense cant really explain it! its like some of the smile is pure white then maybe at the edges it looks dull and grey?

can anyone help? im not sure what im doing wrong!

xx

It sounds as though your coverage is uneven. It sounds like the tip is showing through underneath. Try thinning the tip prior to application, this way you are able to get more product onto the tip without having too worry about filling through to the tip.

Alternatively if your mix ratio is not spot on with the white you can get a marbling effect.

Maybe your beads are two thin I have done this and got this result.

Caz xxx:biggrin:

if poss try to apply your white in one bead, make it quite a dry ratio, first get your smile line then pull the product down if you need more white try to keep the same mix ratio.

Jac's is totally right, if your bead is a tad too wet you can get a marbled effect a slight difference with colour, which is what you described. When doing what Jac's said in one bead the coverage will be more even in colour as well as texture.

Good luck with your exams

Take care xx

yea, sounds like the mix ratio to me too. when you place your bead on the nail, just wait a couple of seconds for it to settle, that will help too. you may be "going in" too soon.

Good answers, i am still having this problem now and again and i have ben doing this seven months. Think i would have learned by now eh?

Latest posts

Back