Who do I go to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzanneF

Reaction score
Im not a hair professional...
but I don't think the hair geeks would be too pleased if I put it in there section.

But my hair in snapping at the crown of my head... :Scared: my hair there is about an inch long at the top, and I don't know who I go to to seek advice... a hairdresser? a hair consultant? a doctor?

Thanks.

Is your hair Bleached? Or excessive use of straighteners?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I only bleached my hair once in 2012 to go blonde... and then was using clariol and then the worst box dye (xxl) until October and then dyed it brown in December to grow my hair out, and that was the last time I dyed it.

Plus I rarely use straighteners anymore and the last time was in May, my hair is naturally quite straight.

I only noticed it about a week ago when I started using baby shampoo because I'm trying to not use harsh chemicals in my hair, plus my scalp was getting irritated from the sun.
so now the hair at the crown is curly and really short, and the rest is down to bottom of my ribs!

Any chance of a pic? If its down around 3 inch from the crown it could be the XXL. It could be the way your tying it up etc. It could also be new hair growth, shorter hair in places doesnt mean its broken :)

Hope these help.... :) couldn't pick one to upload so put them all up!! I hope its from tying it up or new growth! :o Thanks :)

Attachments

• DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 275
It looks like new hair to me :) Ive just seen your in Dub North R South? If your North I can come have a look if ya like?
If it was breakage, it usually tends to happen in a clump rather than spread out like yours seems to be!

Sorry I'm not a hairdresser but my hair is exactly the same and has been for as far as I remember! Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a hairdresser & I have it too. I know mine is new hair growing so it doesn't worry me.

I have it too. I've always assumed it's baby hairs growing :)

Please don't use baby shampoo - it's the complete opposite of what your hair needs. Get a good quality shampoo from a salon and it will do your hair the world of good.

Thanks girls for all your responses, really appreciate it :) ill take that its normal re-growth :) x

Yep mine looks the same id say it's normal!!

Looks like new hair to me x

Latest posts

Back