Who's brand of tip ? Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbies Gellies

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,
I currently use LCN gel and have so far only used their tips good ones but expensive) . I went to Excel and was impressed with NSI's Elation (they gave me 2 tips to bring home and try before ordering). Lovely! Haven't ordered yet.(cheaper than LCN)
I think i would prefer to use a good quality tip rather than tips you can buy at about 200 mixed for £5.00 etc.,. I found that LCN's French tip is classed as a party tip (doesn't last very long) and is very flimsy so thought i'd ask you guys for some tips on tips lol especially on French tips. Thank you all in advance!
luv Debs XXX

If you need to watch what you're spending, try Millenium tips. They do all types but the SALON tips are good all rounders. They have a huge stand at the shows and the queues are long but you can get cheap files and stuff. At the shows a box of 360 or 400 cost £11.99 but are a lot dearer on their website (I think).

If you can afford it, always spend your money on good products, i.e. L&P, Gels etc from Creative and cut down on stuff like files until you're in a better position financially. Some people say that the cheap ones don't last and some of them don't but with Millenium, you can but and try for about 30p a file.

Hi Debbie

I trained with LCN originally but you know, I never could get on with their tips and they are waaaaaaaay too expensive for what they are in my humble opinion :(.

My personal favourites are Creative's tips - especially Eclipse and Velocity (natural, clear and white). Also, I do love Daisy Cutters for French tips and will be definitely going after their latest launches - Raptor (thinner version of DC) and Gator tips (for wider, flatter nails). You can check these particular ones out via Karen's (nailtech on here) website at www.nailsplusbeauty.com.

HTHs.

Hollyballoo said:
Hi Debbie

I trained with LCN originally but you know, I never could get on with their tips and they are waaaaaaaay too expensive for what they are in my humble opinion :(.

My personal favourites are Creative's tips - especially Eclipse and Velocity (natural, clear and white). Also, I do love Daisy Cutters for French tips and will be definitely going after their latest launches - Raptor (thinner version of DC) and Gator tips (for wider, flatter nails). You can check these particular ones out via Karen's (nailtech on here) website at www.nailsplusbeauty.com.

HTHs.
Thanks Hollyballoo! I looked at the Website, Daisy Cutters sounds good do they do what they say with no Well and all? must be me but what is pre etched? they say they are ABS plastic and their prices are really good like you say LCN are good tips but so OTT prices I dont mind paying if its worth it but i also dont want to be nasty cheap either so DC' sound just right. Thanks again! DebsXX

Hi Debbie

You have SOOOO got to try the tips from the pre-etched range from Karen's website (these are the Daisy Cutters, Raptors etc). They are amazing tips - I couldn't possibly use another tip after using these - ESPECIALLY if you are a gel user - it has totally stopped any free-edge lifting that is commonly associated with a gel tip and overlay.

Also, they don't look like 'in your face' tips. Tammy Taylor also uses tips from the pre-etched line and advertises them as the closest looking thing to a white acrylic sculpt you can find .... I totally agree with that!

There you go - my views ... lol !

Vicky

Debbies Gellies said:
Thanks Hollyballoo! I looked at the Website, Daisy Cutters sounds good do they do what they say with no Well and all? must be me but what is pre etched? they say they are ABS plastic and their prices are really good like you say LCN are good tips but so OTT prices I dont mind paying if its worth it but i also dont want to be nasty cheap either so DC' sound just right. Thanks again! DebsXX

i have been thinking about getting some daisy cutter tips for a while its the natural ones i am interested in.
when it comes to doing my own nails too much over blending when i use my left hand.(so these sound ideal for me)
so what are the natural ones like

I've seen the daisy cutters before and they do look good. But one thing I am concerned with is, they say "no shadows and perfect smile line", but when you have to rebalance Will you be able to match the colour of the tip so you don't get the shade difference with the new smile line?
I hope I have'nt confused every1, and would be grateful for answers, as I'd like to try them out myself.

Thanks

Just great ... very easy to use. You will find the thickness of the tip a bit unusual to begin with - but that's something you'll soon get used to - it's perfect for helping you to create the apex - it does it for you !!

There's a pic of a set with natural tips on www.fingernailstore.com - done by Kelli (she's an Akzentz gel/pre-etched tip distributor. You may need to sign up before you can get access - but if you like I can email the pic to you.

Vicky

joannerowsell said:
i have been thinking about getting some daisy cutter tips for a while its the natural ones i am interested in.
when it comes to doing my own nails too much over blending when i use my left hand.(so these sound ideal for me)
so what are the natural ones like

Kimmi Rocks said:
If you need to watch what you're spending, try Millenium tips. They do all types but the SALON tips are good all rounders. They have a huge stand at the shows and the queues are long but you can get cheap files and stuff. At the shows a box of 360 or 400 cost £11.99 but are a lot dearer on their website (I think).

If you can afford it, always spend your money on good products, i.e. L&P, Gels etc from Creative and cut down on stuff like files until you're in a better position financially. Some people say that the cheap ones don't last and some of them don't but with Millenium, you can but and try for about 30p a file.

Totally agree. I <3 milenium for tips and files. the files last forever, honestly. and the tips r brill.

xxxx

I love nailorder tips. Loads of different types and they are very easy to blend. Excellent prices too.

Latest posts

Back