Why am I doing hair badly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmoore1211

Reaction score
I have been doing hair for 14 years and in the last year as I have gotten a lot busier I take 3 hours just to do basic hl I have sometimes have lines and splotchy work!
Th back always looks better than the front ! I just feel like I suck so bad now, I just started working with some really am zing stylist and now I feel I'm even worse, they do amazing hair I try to follow but I still am doing Basic hair! I'm in a really small town and I want to wait but I can't cause this is all I can do here! What should I do ?

Is there no refresher courses on anything you could take? A balyage course or something similar?
I work in a salon with a lady that qualified 20 years ago and she finds I keep her on her toes and make her try new things and I bring in younger clients who also want to try different things so she's out of her comfort zone but it's all a big learning curve!
Even try watching YouTube tutorials? You might just pick up a different way of doing what you already know how to do!

I agree a refresher course would be ideal for you! It's difficult to keep up with the moat recent trends and it will give you the xonfisence you need. Also with a course, working alongside new stylists will be a great way of improving your skills further. Good luck xxx

If you feel you're slipping a bit , why don't you ask the stylists you work with for a bit of 1to1? Tell them exactly where you feel like you're struggling and If they're amazing like you say then they'll be all the help you'll need. Don't pay for courses when you can have it for free by a colleague in the comfort of your own working space. Also don't beat yourself up, sounds like your confidence is a bit low. As soon as you do some amazing work your flare will come back with your confidence ! Xx

I have been doing hair 12 years and I feel like I'm just doing way average hair now compared to 3 years ago!
I also take way to long to do color it's average 3-4 hours for foil.
What patters do you recommend for a full with root touch up? And a quick partial pattern? I'm losing $ and people.

Take a look at the online courses on hairdressinglive for inspiration and education

Anyone local to you that you could go to to refresh? I do courses all the time to keep up to date.

Latest posts

Back