Why does my Acrylic keep lifting??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailPal

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Can anyone offer any advice?

I qualified back in May of this year and as you know dealing with real life nail problems is totally different to the classroom!

I'm getting really frustrated as I have found with a friends nails that my acrylic keeps lifting, and only within a few days of application? They look lovely when first applied, but don't seem to stand the test of time. They keep lifting at the cuticle and around the sides and I'm not sure what else I can do to stop it. I have spend time on preparation, etched the nail, used a dehydrator, applied primer, removed dust etc, but it still keeps happening and I am following everything the text books say to avoid??

Can anyone help? I'm getting frustrated!!

Thanks so much

NailPal:confused:

Hi, sounds like you are applying product and touching the skin around the nail or working to wet and its running into the cuticle and sidewalls? also you said you etched the nail? you should only be gently removing the shine with a soft 240 grit hth xx

Check preparation, ratio and application. We all go through the lifting process it is an important learning curve for all of us :) a frustrating one at that. What system are you using that is lifting? I see you have a few products listed in your 'about me' section.

Apart from all the above, are you finish filing properly and ensuring the product is thin enough and well sealed around the sidewalls and cuticle area?

If YOU are confident with your prep and application and you are getting lifting there must be something wrong.

I would suggest that you go back to your educator for a 1-2-1 just to check everything out. It is probably all you need to set you right - good luck :)

Thanks for your advice everyone, I really appreciate it.

Theresa - I am using NSI attraction. Can you recommend any application ratio or technique for this particular system?

I'm wondering if my brush is too big for her nails maybe? It's a size 10, so maybe I am getting a little on the skin which may be causing the lifting, not that it is that obvious to me when doing it though. Can you recommend the best size, shape brush to use, as there are so many I just don't know? Should you be using a different size brush depending on size of the nail?

Any advice you can give me would be helpful?

I am thinking of doing some one to one training with CND to perfect skills, but they are so expensive, do you know of any alternatives?

Thanks

Theres nothing wrong with Nsi Attraction. Its a lovely line. You just have to know how to use it. Knowing your product is important. It took me about 8 months to get it down.

I use a #6 flat, Im not sure what the 10 looks like but I dont think its that important if you know your product. You need to know your ratios and how to manipulate your product and brush.

Be very careful in zone 3. My lifting had everything to do with application rather than prep.

It could be any of the above and I would recommend a 121. good luck

Latest posts

Back