Why is Gel II sold at Walmart?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ficklbum

Reaction score
Just curious because their website says they only sell to professionals and required that I give my license but it's sold at walmart and for cheaper than they sell it...

No way? la Palm Gel ii? Do you have a pic?

Just found it on their website. Gobsmacked!

*sigh* if you're looking on their website, you have to be careful as they now have affiliation with other websites like amazon etc. It's most likely being sold on there and just "advertising" on the Walmart site. Same thing with shellac, Gelish etc etc.

Just because it's on a website, doesn't mean it's the company directly selling it nowadays.

However, does it mean that non qualified persons can buy that product?

I've just gone through the buying process on the site and it didn't ask for any qualifications.

I only saw the reaction line so I dunno. Ha I won't buy anything from places that don't require a license. Not even when it's stuff I'll buy at a salon that does (like I won't buy shellac from amazon). One to respect the integrity the company is trying to build and two because I can't guarantee the quality. I got some shellacs on amazon when I first got my license 2 years ago and 3 of the 5 bottles were either tampered with or old. Like my cream puff had little black fuzzies in it. I won't buy these from Walmart but if I like the GELII I'll keep buying it directly from their company. Bah I hate it when non licensed people can get their hands on stuff they shouldn't use without training. It gives the product a bad rep. I don't know how many new clients I get that say shellac doesn't work or gel doesn't work and it's usually the person who applied it's fault.

I've just gone through the buying process on the site and it didn't ask for any qualifications.

Did you get it from GELII website or walmart? I don't think walmart can request your license. But if it was gelII website that's weird Cuz it asked for mine!

Yes, those who aren't qualified can purchase the product. It's like going on amazon and buying. You can find almost every brand out there on amazon and noone asks for qualifications. It's a public site but its nothing for us to worry about because our clients come to us for a reason.

Latest posts

Back