why is it suddenly taking me so long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicxzy

Reaction score
Im soo frustrated!
a full set used to take me 1.15-1.30 now for some reason with the last 4 clients its taken me 2-2 ,3/4 hours!
Why?
They were all very chatty but surely this cant add on a full hour???
Anyone else find chatty clients take longer???
Im so down I think the time I take will put people off!

Chatty clients make me work faster, if I'm the one trying to make the conversation with the quiet ones, it take me ages!!

xxxx

vicxzy said:
Im soo frustrated!
a full set used to take me 1.15-1.30 now for some reason with the last 4 clients its taken me 2-2 ,3/4 hours!
Why?
They were all very chatty but surely this cant add on a full hour???
Anyone else find chatty clients take longer???
Im so down I think the time I take will put people off!

I dont think your time will put people off, once you've done a fabulous job.

How regular do you have clients? I think it might be a case that you are not doing nails as often as before?

I've slowed down too. I am not worried about it as I believe its because I'm not doing as many appointments as I used to but my work is still fine.

I'm not really sure its the chatty customers because I think we tend to learn how to work and chat at the same time!

Dont let it get you down. If you did it before, you can get your times down again...XX

I hope so only been doing this seriousley with proper paying clients a few months but been doing nails years and years!
The last woman was supposed to be going out I said hour and a half took two and a half!:irked:

Rose143 said:
Chatty clients make me work faster, if I'm the one trying to make the conversation with the quiet ones, it take me ages!!

xxxx

I have never really thought about it that way but you are right Rose...I tended to work faster when the client did all the talking and I just had to say, really?...mmmmm!!.... or... I know!!!(Sybil Fawlty eat your heart out!!)....every so often!!...but the quiet ones where YOU had to make all the conversation with slowed me down...!

Vicxyz....if the chat is slowing you down you will need to learn to talk and work!!...I see students do it all the time.... they are talking to the client and the file is in their hand but not doing anything!!!.....Forget manners and keep our head down and talk & work, the client won't mind taking to the top of your head HONEST!!......
Don't let this get you down, as long as your work is good your clients will be happy...better 2 hours for a lovely set of nails, than 1 hour for shoddy nails!!

hey hey I feel a bit better the client that took nearly 3 hours last night has text me to book in for her 2 daughters!
I feel so bad putting my head down especially as a lot of my clients have said they like coming to me cos I pay them attention and they dont feel rushed out the door!
I know I will need to start rushing them soon or I'll never make any money!

vicxzy said:
hey hey I feel a bit better the client that took nearly 3 hours last night has text me to book in for her 2 daughters!
I feel so bad putting my head down especially as a lot of my clients have said they like coming to me cos I pay them attention and they dont feel rushed out the door!

You won't be rushing them.....you can talk just as much...as long as your file/brush/whatever! is doing as much work as your mouth!!
Great news about your new bookings!!:)

vicxzy said:

Most of my clients are the same I do nails part time after work so there is no rush I would only book 1 in per night anyway so if they wanna chat and it takes 2 hours or more they dont mind aslong as their nails look good when they go x

I am learning fast about different clients! (I'm still in training mode so taking a few on a cheap rates)
My time is approx 3 hours,I had a client a few days ago and she was fairly quite, we chatted a little but not too much and it took me 2 1/2 hours to do the set so i was quite pleased. yesterday I had another client and boy could she talk - she didn't flamin stop, my head was buzzing!! I had her complete life story twice over!! I made all the appropriate noises of "mm" "ohhh" "really" "that's nice/awful etc...." but she kept moving her hands out of the way and I kept pulling her back etc.... took me over 3 hours and i was exhausted when she left!!!

:p Hey get this

I have just started doing creative L&P and put ad in paper.Got good response too but guess what it took me 3 hours on one client and 5 on another? I sat and thought about it why it took so long, but she was a nervous client who had a bad experience with a previous tech who messed up her nails.When she made a booking with me she asked me if I was FULLY qualified, I said I had just completed the first stage of training and that I take longer to apply the product and that I am thorough with my work. Well it worked and she booked an appointment.

I think I was nervous too cos she watched every little thing I did? when I applied the L&P she would say 'can you make the white tip higher up: 'can you put more pink on' so it slowed me down and I had more filling to do?:evil:
My neck and shoulders were killing me, but she was happy and booked infills for 2 weeks time? ah well I suppose we have to start somewhere :irked:

Dee x

I also find that if they are chatty i do a set much quicker, but if i haveto start conversations it makes me slower. Kinda weird is it, you would think it would eb the other way about. Sometimes i stop and talk without me realising, but i quickly get my head back down again.

Latest posts

Back