Will Shellac EVER be able to be cured by LED

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
Will CND be doing an LED lamp for curing Shellac?

Is it even possible in the near future?

I don't do Shellac (yet) but will be in the not too distant future.

And this is something I've come across when looking at other brands to make sure I am happy with my decision.

To be honest, I can't really see much benefit to LED curing. While you are doing the 2min cure on one hand you can be putting the polish on the other hand, then swap over. Very little time is lost.

Or maybe I am missing something.

Mat

I don't do Shellac (yet) but will be in the not too distant future.

And this is something I've come across when looking at other brands to make sure I am happy with my decision.

To be honest, I can't really see much benefit to LED curing. While you are doing the 2min cure on one hand you can be putting the polish on the other hand, then swap over. Very little time is lost.

Or maybe I am missing something.

Mat

It would really help when doing a repair or the odd extension whilst doing a set of overlays,or when doing my own.

I know a few people who have said it cuts about 15 mins off the appointment times so it would be a bonus.

It would really help when doing a repair or the odd extension whilst doing a set of overlays,or when doing my own.

I know a few people who have said it cuts about 15 mins off the appointment times so it would be a bonus.
I don't believe it .. I have worked it all out mathmatically and I don't see how it can.

You save so much time already with Shellac over gels. No nail prep, No bonder, No dry brushing layers, no extra coats when the colour is not opaque, and I have a five finger cure CND UV Lamp which definitely DOES save me at least 6 minutes of faffing about doing thumbs seperately, etc. You work it out .. I did.

I would save no time EXCEPT for repairs (which I don't do hardly any) and a repair takes me approx 10 minutes in total! At this point I have no interest in LED other than not having to buy bulbs ! But my bulbs are a small expense compared to what I make in 100 UV hours Shellacking.

Latest posts

Back